We may have kittens soon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
She has got all her milk in. And to me it looks like she is dropping them. I would say less then 72 hours. I would not be suprised if she had them today or tonight. So I will make this her kitten thread.

Oh I have more pictures of her.

DeniseJP wrote:
Post pics, please! Baby kittens are cute, too!!!

Denise

Ni kittens yet its a waiting game. I know for a fact it is soon but how soon.

But here are a few of her. Pre labor

SDC10641.jpg

Taking two day ago

SDC10639.jpg

SDC10648.jpg

SDC10649.jpg

We have had a couple of accidental litter here before we got ours spayed, you know when they are about to give birth within 24 hours when they are exploring everywhere, climbing up on stuff, trying to get into wardrobes and stuff to have there babies. They can have them in the weirdest places. A couple of years ago a cat of ours ripped a hole in a mattress and had them in there.

Have you got a nice, dark place for her to have her babies, away from your dog and too many people?

I dont know how long she will be staying with me.

She just caused me to have to get 5 stitches in my hand. I am not very happy right now I was giving her her wormer its was due. Liquid at that. Not even a pill and she just attacked my hand. No warning no nothing right now she is still foster status anyway but I was going to keep her. But if I cant even give her meds how the heck am I going to take care of her for the next 15 to 20 years.

Right now I am just getting back from the urgant care so I am a little peed off still.

Yikes! I hope you heal fast! Could it be she naild you considering she's due to have a litter today?

Oh Kat, I feel your pain - our adopted cat Jeff bit me and I ended up in the emergency room to get IV antibiotics... we found out Jeff was not the cat we thought he was (hubby brought home a friend's cat and just opened the car door and the kitty took off - my neighbor called and said she had an orange tabby hanging out at her house so hubby thought it was the original kitty but it was not) so I was on a Rabies watch for him as he was an unvaccinated stray... if he showed signs I had to go get the shots myself. Luckily, he was clean and is a very happy, fat cat here now and he is very careful not to bite... he was going after my Siamese and I went to block him from nailing her and I took the bite for her.

Hope you are OK and that kitty gets on with having her babies...

Denise

Leaf wrote:
Yikes! I hope you heal fast! Could it be she naild you considering she's due to have a litter today?

I dont know she should be in labor but is not. Going to the vet on tuesday if she has not had them by now. It will come down to if I can handle the kittens If she trust me enough to let me handle them.

If I cant handdle them around her then at 3 weeks I will pull them from her and make a desision then. If I deside not to keep her then she wont be adoptable.

Either she would have to find a home with a special person that is used to cats like this. Or we would have to figure something else out. My friend at the pet shop told me to put her down but I wont do that. I cant do that. She has no shots either I know for a fact she does not have rabies but I am on a heavy dose of antibiotics.

She seem all loveable again. I went up stairs to check and make sure she was ok when we got back and she was fine but boy doesmy hand hurt. They put it in a brace cast thing cause the positioning if i use my hand I will rip the stitches out.

Hubby is going to have a fit when he gets home.

My hand hurts but my fielings are hurt more I already love her and to think about getting rid of her hurts.

They gave my come kind of narcotic but I hate taking those heavy drugs so IBprophen Is good for me.

I love her and even in the past few minute who is better to deal with her then me. Although I did want a lovable cat if I ever got one. All well right now I am going to start dinner at least by the time I have to worm her again my hand will be healled enough.

Hubbies do that sort of thing - but in my case, he brought Jeff home and felt guilty about him biting me (he bit hard enough that we had to pry him off my hand - his teeth went into the knuckle joints of my hand). Hubby knows I love all animals and am good at working with them to get over their baggage.

Denise

Sorry she's not getting on with you, I wouldn't say she's going to be un-adoptable, she just has some trust issues. A feral cat who will not tolerate humans at all is un-adoptable but from your photos it looks like you can handle her pretty well. Cats don't like being forced to do anything, so giving her medicine probably upset her, especially in her condition. I think she'll be fine and there are lot's of homes that would suit her if you decide not to adopt her.
Also, I would not take away they kittens at three weeks, it would be very upsetting to the mother and babies. The mother would freak out and go around looking for her babies for days and the babies would be unhappy as they would be used to being raised by their mother. They should only be taken if she rejects them.

Its really weird the first part of the night she nuzzled up to my hand like I am sorry. Then she would not leave me alone for anything. Then about 1 a.m. she desided to try to get in my dresser aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I was like stop and go to sleep. Nows its 5 am and she is even worse she messed up my closet door. How can a ten pound cat crack a door? And she is ten pounds with baby so she probally only weighs 6 or 7. Now I have to go to home depo and buy a new door:X. Or my land lord would have a fit.

I know cheap door. She has been like a crazy women all night hense it being 6 am and I am up. I figure today if not tomorrow. She is nesting something horrible.

I am going crazy going to take a sleeping pill and sleep tell noon. I will update my blog later today so it will be late

Mrs. PBJ wrote:
Its really weird the first part of the night she nuzzled up to my hand like I am sorry. Then she would not leave me alone for anything. Then about 1 a.m. she desided to try to get in my dresser aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhttp://www. I was like stop and go to sleep. Nows its 5 am and she is even worse she messed up my closet door. How can a ten pound cat crack a door? And she is ten pounds with baby so she probally only weighs 6 or 7. Now I have to go to home depo and buy a new door:X. Or my land lord would have a fit.

I know cheap door. She has been like a crazy women all night hense it being 6 am and I am up. I figure today if not tomorrow. She is nesting something horrible.

I am going crazy going to take a sleeping pill and sleep tell noon. I will update my blog later today so it will be late
I would be surprised if you did not have kittens today by the way she is acting, like I said before they always do that before giving birth, good luck!

She does want in that closet but I cant let her for one I could not get to the kittens which is why she wants in there. Two hubby would have a fit. My hand does not hurt that bad this morning I had to change the dressing under the slip off cast thing. Its bruised and it hurt when i took the presure of that cast off. But when the cast is on its fine really.

She is ok She is back to her sweet normal self. Besides nesting in my dresser I had to take the drawers closed. I want her to have them in the bathroom or in that kennel and those are the only two places she is not interested in.

She is good I got good sound sleep I have not taking a sleeping pills in months dont like drugs that much I forgot how well I slept with those. She has not had them yet will post pictures when she does.

Keep a close eye on her, she will probably have them in the weirdest place since she's not interested in any of the other places you want her to have them in. You need to watch her because she could have them in a place where you can't get to them. We have also had a cat give birth on the couch while we were away and totally ruin it.

I dont think it will be today

She is sleeping in her kennel eating and everything. She was nesting but I made it to where she could not choose anywhere but the kennle so I will see she has been trying to get in that closet for 3 days now.

So the nesting has been going on for a few days. She dropped them. Mabye tonigt she is sleeping but she is sleeping on her side where she normally sleeps on her back or stomach so I dont know it cant be to long.

I have seen a few contractions but they are far and few between. So I will keep yall updated.

Latest posts

Back