We may have kittens soon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck!

Denise

Ouch! Hope your hand's okay. She might be a bit more aggressive because she's pregnant. Many cats make giving meds difficult though, it doesn't mean she won't be a loving pet! There are a lot of unwanted cats in shelters too. Since you already love her, give her some time :)

Good luck with the kittens! They really are a joy to have around.

No kittens I finally let her in one of my dresser drawers. Well she thinks she got me but I got her put towels down and opened one drawer so mabye today. Vet came by on his way to work this morning and said she should be dropping any day now or even minute.

The finnuy thing is I live in the same town homes as our vet.

Hope she doesn't hold out much longer!

Denise

Well the vet come by this morning took her temp checked her over.

He said everything is fine she could have them tomorrow. Or she could have them in one week. The vet said the max was 10 more days but its very unlikly that she will go that long.

They can go ten days after there milk fully comes in. But most have them with in a few days. Her milk is fully in so it should be any day now. But she is poohing worms by the hand fulls. So I almost hope she could go another week or so to help her put on weight before there born. So soon but dont know how soon.

Poor kitty! In horses in labor, they will get runny poops prior to delivery... maybe this happens in kitties, too?

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
Poor kitty! In horses in labor, they will get runny poops prior to delivery... maybe this happens in kitties, too?

Denise

Yeah it does most women also its the pain and your musels in that area contracting.

I can hope she goes another day or two to be able to eat some but she did get her wormer the other day takes about 3 days to fully start working.

The funny thing is this cast thing on my hand is hard so I will use it next time I have to worm her so she bights the cast not my hand.

But yes she could go in anytime nows it is just watch and wait.

No kittens yet still waiting

Well still no kittens but I figured yall would like some pictures of how uncomfertable she is and how big she is.

These where taking last night

One for comparison of how much healthyer she looks I foward all these to The houston SPCA to

SDC10708.jpg

SDC10709.jpg

SDC10706.jpg

SDC10707.jpg

She looks full of kittens! Hope she has them soon!

Denise

MyLOVEABLES!! wrote:
WOW how overdue is she??
She looks so "full-of-kittens"

;)
I dont think she is over due we are not sure I have only had her for 3 weeks and she came to me pregnant

MyLOVEABLES!! wrote:
Ooops sorry i guessed she was overdue!
I can't wait to see tiiiiny kittens on RO
No biggy I hope she is not over due put it that way.

:nerves1

Like the old saying "A watched pot never boils", a watched pregnant cat never has her kittens...also works for watched pregnant mares... many nights I have done a foal watch and run to the bathroom to return and find baby half-born!

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
Like the old saying "A watched pot never boils", a watched pregnant cat never has her kittens...also works for watched pregnant mares... many nights I have done a foal watch and run to the bathroom to return and find baby half-born!

Denise

Well she is by her seklf in my bedroom I had my office up ther but we moved the house around so she could have the whole room to her self. And when the kittens are moving around we did not have to worry abuot computer wires. So she is up there most of the day by her self I go eat up there to give her some attition. She has been in love with me the past few days and her back ebd sticks.

I dont think it will be to long I have to go to spring for a adoption event to to pick of my potty trainer foster. Tomorrow so it will probally be tomorrow. Sense no one will be here all day.its a hour and a half drive from me I will leave at 8 am and not get back tell 9 pm phoenix is coming with me. Monday makes 3 weeks I have had her so that one timester in the cat world.

storm wont be happy about being in his cage all day thats for sure.

Back