We made a new hay rack!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtipthebun

Reaction score
Tippy had been pooping outside the litterbox when we were using a freestanding hay feeder (a laundry basket with a lid), so we have been working on ideas for a new one. Hung a basket over her litterbox but she kept pulling it down.

This weekend, my lady designed a new one, and we took a trip to her favorite place, home depot. (really I think she just wanted an excuse to eye the power tools longingly, but it worked out well for the tipster.)

Our new creation seems to work perfectly....bunny tested, bunny approved. Figured I'd share for ideas for others....
1385386327981.jpg

It's made of bunny safe wood, and we were smart...there's a shelf right below the bottom slot so is incredibly easy to clean and she can reach all the way down into the bottom of it. The base of it is really about 3 or so inches of empty and it's just because we wanted it to be able to sit on the floor behind her litter box. The slots are an inch and a half tall is perfect for a mini rex nose.

It's also wider than it looks so we can very easily get our hand in there to add more hay or take some out. It's about 6 inches wide.

Back