We have to make a new cage for rabbit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MozBunny

Reaction score
My boyfriend is complaining about our rabbit making noise when he sleeps, I guess he wakes him up when he binkys in his cage, it rattles everything. We have a typical store type bunny cage. I told him we should make a pen type of thing, but we don't know what to put as flooring. We have to keep him in my boyfriend's room. Would an old towel or cheap rug do? Or is there something better that people use?

You can use cheap linoleum for the flooring and put down rugs for traction. I heard that bunnies can get there toenails caught in the towel loops and that they chew them and can swallow the stings, so I wouldn't use towels. Of you can use cardboard, carpet (if your bunny doesn't chew, tarp, or foam mats that they sell at home depot and lowes.

You could make a C&C cage, those are pretty quiet :biggrin:

AquaticRex wrote:
i used coroplast and i'm going to be sticking the peel and stick linoleum type tiles
The base of my cage is wooden and those are the type of tiles I used. They turned out GREAT in my cage!

I forgot to mention, you can use coroplast too as a bottom!

yea thats what i have. i only have half of the tiles so far. not sticking them until i have all of the ones i need. until then i have towels layed down for him. the beach ones though, cause they aren't as fluffy, less of an appeal for him to pull out the strings, cause they're barely there.

if i had my way though, i'd be making a wooden base and lining it with a garbage bag and growing grass as the flooring lol. but it would mean a lot of upkeep and stuff and the bf doesn't like that idea lol

Latest posts

Back