We Have Polish!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pamnock wrote:
I think Dusty looks more like a lilac (but maybe the blue background is making him look less blue). The Polish blue are a very dark slate blue. (see link for photos of Polish varieties)

http://home.att.net/~polish/learn/pictures.html

Pam
couple things, the photo of him came out lighter than he actually is, and 2 he had a lighter shade coat while he was a baby,one reason he was over looked people were whispering about rather or not he'd darken up. He has darkened starting with his face and it worked it's way over his back. he is still loosing some that lighter shades of fur and growing in darker, with each little molt he seems to get darker, he currently is a shade lighter than my very blue dutch. i have a blue mini lop who started out the same way, who is now a very very blue boy LOL

Such a beautiful bun =) And of course Tucker is as regal as The King. I have this suspicion that later in life I am going to have a lot more bunnies then two hehe

Congrats on the new additions, Pam. I once looked after my friends Polish - I have never seen a rabbit run so fast and let nothing get in it's way!. He left me really dizzy - great personality too - Jan

I just had a revelation: the evil Smokey is a blue Polish, not a Netherland!

after all these years! I just never knew much about Polish.

Maybe I'm wrong, she just reminds me of Tucker in shape. Her ears andface are close to Netherland but not quite, and she's a bit large.

Rose

Could be so Rose. A big tip-off is the difference in the fur of the Polish and the Netherland. The Netherland Dwarf has a roll back coat and the Polish has a fly backcoat. The Polish disqualify for a roll back coat.

Pam

I'm trying to remember what she was like as a young rabbit. And for the life of me I can't. Oh well! Right now it just sticks up.

Rose

Latest posts

Back