We have new babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tierlakay

Reaction score
Hi

We are new here to this forum it took me a while to find a good forum...

we have had rabbits for around 6 month's now, and have had 2 litters so far.. The first didn't make it, but the 2nd are now 13 day's old and so far doing great....

We have X2 Dwarf Lop Does, 1 Dwarf Lop Buck and a Dutch X Dwarf Doe and a Rex X buck....
We also now have 7 adorable Dwarf lop babies....

We are also breeding Guinea Pigs and at the moment we have 8...

I have made a little website for our animals it's in my signature , if anyone would like to have a look and let me know if I have anything wrong, as we are still just learning....

I do have a few questions;

1. Are the young kits allowed to eat the Rabbit pellets we have out for the mother or should they just stick to hay and grass??..

2. I have put a name to the colour's of the babies and the parents but I'm not 100% sure i have them correct... I only identified them through images on the net and some reading... So if someone could have a little look and let me know how I went....

Thank You for all your help....

Thank You... Their eye's all opened when they were 9 day's old, so a few day's ago and yesterday they all came out of the nesting box.....

They were trying to eat the pellets but I took it off them and thought id asked before as iv read that this is when you can start losing babies due to gut problems with the food??????

Don't let the kits eat grass. ;) It could give them diarrhea (sp?). They shouldn't eat grass until about 6 months. But yes, once they open their eyes they will nibble on hay, and around this age they will also nibble on pellets.

As for the losing babies to gut problems, I've never heard of that before. Never had any problems with it...they are used to the food because if that's what mom eat's, then she nurses them, the nutrients, etc. go to the milk. ;)

Emily

Anything the mum eats the babies can eat cause they will be used to it :) they will start eating pellets from as soon as they are able and thst fine for them as the mums milk wont be enough so don't worry.
I feed my babies dried grass again from as they open their eyes but the mums get it all the time so they are used to it. I have also had young buns out and eating fresh grass without problem.

Latest posts

Back