we have babys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea now i'm wondering. grrr i just called themand they said i should bring him up and they will check him. crazybecase i have to do the same thing with my new bun i just got theydon't know if she was or not so thursday there going to shave her andlook and if she's not they are going to do it at no charge. spca betterdo the same thing. but snoopy is so calm and keeps his cage reallyclean unlike blue and cooter. this whole thing frustrates me. also thebox i put the babies is is pretty big should i find a smaller box? oris there something i can go buy?

Well, it is my understanding that in order tohave broken babies - at least one parent MUST be a broken. (Brokengenes don't hide themselves).

So if you have a broken baby - we know he's the daddy of at least one baby.

Peg

stephiemarie78 wrote:
well Snoopy betternot be the dad or i'll be pretty mad since i was told he was fixed orthe SPCA will be getting a not so nice call from me.

there were alot of different colored rabbits that were all from the same litter when i got blue, and same with cooter.

It wouldn't matter if Blue's parents werebroken. In order to have a broken baby - one parent (direct line) hasto be broken. Since Blue isn't broken - that means the dadhas to be broken.

Peg

stephiemarie78 wrote:
so theres no waythat blue's parents could have been broken? well we'll find out when wesee the ears since cooter is lop eared

This is what a well fed baby looks like:

P1010329.jpg

P10103331.jpg

His tummy is well rounded, and you can see the milk in histummy. Not all babies will have the little white patch, butthey should look very round in the belly.

Mommy rabbits will normally feed once or twice a day. The dothis by standing over the nest. The mothers will also not liewith their babies like cats and dogs do. They are preyanimals, and lying with your babies will attract predators.

As long as the babies are warm and round looking, they will be okay.

--Dawn

It's SOOOO cute!

Latest posts

Back