We are getting closer!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhoffman

Reaction score
Okay, so the other day I said about both my rabbits MAY be pregnant, the one for sure. Anyways, I was just outside watching them, and I just sat there staring at Thumpers' stomach. She was laying on her side. And I could have sworn I saw movement!! I dont know if I really saw what I saw, or if I just think I saw it. Either way, I am super excited. Today would be day 30, not including the day she was bred. Bubbles I couldnt really observe really well, she wasnt laying down on her side, she was kinda sitting. I dont want to touch them too much right now, as it is so close!!
Sorry for another post. I am just getting really excited, and well, my husband I think is getting kinda sick and tired of me talking about it haha.

Yep, definitely safe to say that both my does are pregnant!! I was out watching them again this not long ago, and I saw so much movement. And definitely kits and not just my eyes!! Cant wait to be able to post pics of kits when they arrive.

Yep, definitely safe to say that both my does are pregnant!! I was out watching them again this not long ago, and I saw so much movement. And definitely kits and not just my eyes!! Cant wait to be able to post pics of kits when they arrive.

AHHH!!! 2 sets of babies!!!!?! GOODNESS! Exciting!!!!

I know how you feel! My husband just nods and smiles now LOL! Yesterday I wouldnt shut my mouth about the babies.. Look at this one, oh wow his color is changing, yadda yadda yadda.. he looked at me and said "Why not go online to that rabbit forum and share it with them?" and then continued playing PS3... blah!

I'll share the joy with you! post away! pix pix pix!!!!

Well, no kits as of yet. I am hoping that it all goes well. This morning when I went to check on them, Bubbles was in such a good mood! She came and greeted me at the front, usually she stays at the back since getting bred. But, I was out there earlier than usual as well. Im not gonna go out there as much today. Thumper on the other hand is still a grump! Wouldnt come near me at all..

I sure hope they are born really soon so that they are both in better moods again!

Oreo has nursed her babies 2 times right infront of me!!!!! Yesterday and the day before!

I get home, settle in, give the boys snacks and then I go check on the kits. They're not fed and crying a bit so I know theyre hungry.. As soon as I stop messing with them and start to prepare dinner for the buns Oreo hops on in and nurses them!! She licks them and cleans them, its the most amazing thing ever. Then I wait till I serve her dinner and I take another peek at the fat, sleepy babies!! I feel like i'm reminding her they need to get fed.. so when they start crying i think she realizes "oh no! i need to feed them"

aww thats so sweet!! Its amazing. This morning I went back out there to be with her for a while. She was soo friendly again!! I am so happy with it! I could still see the kit(s) moving in her stomach when she lays down. But, maybe she was more active and wanting out because she knows whats happening and wants to build her nest. I gave her more materials to use. She keeps tipping the nest box over when I fill it with straw. But she willdo it when its time I suppose.

Usually she doesnt like to be held, just petted and likes to lay by my feet when she is out of the hutch. Today she almost climbed onto my lap from in her hutch. I dont want to let her lose right now, I dont want to have her have her kits in the yard.

Yup, when the time comes she'll build :)

Oreo was mean to me all the way until birth.. she's a little funny now too, I'm hoping after neutering her she'll be sweet again lol. Hope, being the KEY word here.

Well, I have so many people interested in the babies, that if they all go as planned, I was thinking of having another litter in a couple months. But, I dont like it when she isnt happy. I would rather have her be happy and want to be petted rather than have more babies.

I dont want anymore babies! At all! NO WAY! I love the 3 she had and we're keeping them, that leaves me with a total of 5 rabbits.. i get attached very quickly and honestly if I had to sell or give any of these babies away i'd be heartbroken!

My neighbor came over yesterday to check them out.. i dont know how she got that I was giving them away, and actually picked the one she wanted out.. I started laughing and told her i'm keeping all of them, should have seen her face!

Awww, I bet she was a bit dissapointed! I was and still am prepared to keep some or all of the rabbits that do not find homes. I am hoping to be able to keep atleast one for myself anyways, but I have had so many people contact me about them. Even before I put an ad on our local ad website.

I keep going out to check on them, but maybe i am checking on them too much. Maybe I just need to back off a bit so that they dont get stressed out. I really want everyting to go smoothly for both of them.

I'm thinking tonight is the night! I hope so at least, I really want to see pix LOL!

The night Oreo gave birth was the only day I was able to see the kits kicking and moving. Since she's in my living room I kept making excuses to go to the kitchen just so I could take a peek... it happened in the wee hours i'm sure.. but i didnt take her out of her cage at all that day, i was scared she would hurt herself or something.

ohh this is exciting!!

I sure hope you are right and we wake up to kits in the morning. Bubbles is fairly restless out there, and Thumper is just being lazy and grouchy. I actually just came back in from watching them and they lay on their sides all the time now.. well most of the time anwyays, and if I want long enough I can see them moving inside. With Thumper it is just light movement but with Bubbles, wow..so much going on in there. Can tell when its a kick or when its just a kit changing positions. Amazing.

She wanted out of the hutch earlier, but there is no way I am letting either of them run around. I really dont want them to get hurt or have kits in a spot in the yard. We have two dogs and 3 cats that I dont want to risk having a snack.

I cant wait to post pictures either, as soon as they are here and I have a chance, I will post pictures. I guess I better charge my camera battery and my phone so I can take pictures. I have been reading so much again about rabbit pregnancy, well, I havent really stopped. I have been reading things over as well just to make sure I havent missed anything.

I did the same thing and I am still reading on proper kit care, things to look out for like nest box eye or if their noses get clogged.. what to do if their eyes dont open.. it goes on and on and on. What kind of nest box are you using? Becareful with the metal ones as ive learned they can cause splay leg in rabbits due to their legs spreading because of the floor.

I used a wooden box, didnt want anything to do with metal ones!!

Maybe since you see so much movement in Bubbles belly she has more kits than Thumper? Its a possibility!

Thats what I was thinking, that she may have more than Thumper.
As for a nest box, I put wood boxes in, but neither are using them. Thumper made her nest last week before we went on our camping trip, and it is under the ramp in her hutch, I am unsure if I should move it or not, and Bubbles, she jumps in and out of it, but thats it. I put some shavings in there and straw for them. I dont normally use shavings as I am allergic to them, but figured it may be softer for the kits. And, I had left over and want to get it used up.

well, I better get the house cleaned up. Been spending way too much time online and with rabbits and not getting my hosue work done! Chat with you soon!

Thats what I was thinking, that she may have more than Thumper.
As for a nest box, I put wood boxes in, but neither are using them. Thumper made her nest last week before we went on our camping trip, and it is under the ramp in her hutch, I am unsure if I should move it or not, and Bubbles, she jumps in and out of it, but thats it. I put some shavings in there and straw for them. I dont normally use shavings as I am allergic to them, but figured it may be softer for the kits. And, I had left over and want to get it used up.

well, I better get the house cleaned up. Been spending way too much time online and with rabbits and not getting my hosue work done! Chat with you soon!

Latest posts

Back