We Are Back!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raspberry that was realy hard to read but what a wonderful rememberance.

Jan, may I ask what happened that you are so scared ofbutterflies? I'm a bug*a*phobic lol. So I was wondering what happened.If it's too personal just tell me Tina Hush:p.

Tina

Hi Tina, not at all too personal. When I waslittle I stayed at my Grandma's house and she lived way out in thecountry. Being little, I was in bed early while everyone wasdownstairs. The bedroom window was open and lots of those really BIGhawkhead moths got in (they are very like butterflies) and they wereall around my head and in my hair, ears etc. I remeber screaming, butmy folks thought I was just 'playing up' and took ages to come up, bywhich time I was nearly crazy. Ever since then, anything that'flutters' has me spooked. I have been known to do some very crazythings when confonted by moths/butterflies - at work, I've askedcomplete strangers passing by to come in and get them out (not verysecurity conscious); stop my car whrerever I am and leave itin the middle of the road until the said creature gets out; walk 3miles back around a circular trail so I don't have to pass a butterflyfield ..................!

Strangely, I love bees and wasps, and will pick them up in my hands tosave them (never been stung yeteither).- Jan

I hate bugs for the most part, especially spiders(yeah I know they're not bugs but whatever). I'll walk on water to getaway from a spider!

I can see how a phobia would develop after something like that though.

How awful for you. Well it's no wonderthey freak you out. I just knew something bad happened. Like I said Iam crazy bad about bugs so I can understand totally. How awful for you.

I am so glad you are back. I have really missed you. How arePerry and Pernod doing? They are probably so glad the have their momback.

Tina

EEEEWWWW! No wonderyou are freaked out about them! :shock:I don't like mothseither. I wasn't trying to change your mind about them really, I wasjust sharing that story about butterflies because I think it's prettyneat.

I hate caterpillars. :?I'llpick up a locust, junebug, horn toad, some spiders or snakes but I'llcut half a plant off to get rid of a caterpillar! I didn't used to bethat way either. I was always the kid that chased all the rest of thekids with the creepycreatures.

Raspberry

Wow!! What a beautiful story, and whata great outlook and comforting feeling to have. Thanks forsharing that with us, Raspberry. :)

-Carolyn

:groupparty:Happy Belated 21st Birthday, DearHeart!! I hope you had fun. You're a very specialand dear woman. I'm lucky to know you. Hope thosebunnies smothered you with kisses and love.

:balloons:

Much Love,

-Carolyn

Oh Carolyn, Thanks soooo much forthat. This week has been a bit rough and I really neededcheering up, and that did it, especially the '21st' bit - we 40somethings have to stick together ;).

Perry and Pernod bought me a lovely rabbit garden ornament for mybirthday :p. They have been crazy today - both of them making a nest:shock:. Now the weather is getting better they are spending more timeoutside in the garden, especially in their sandpit. I hope to get somephotos posted up soon.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes - you are a true friend:hug: - Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
HiTina, not at all too personal. When I was little I stayed at myGrandma's house and she lived way out in the country. Being little, Iwas in bed early while everyone was downstairs. The bedroom window wasopen and lots of those really BIG hawkhead moths got in (they are verylike butterflies) and they were all around my head and in my hair, earsetc. I remeber screaming, but my folks thought I was just 'playing up'and took ages to come up, by which time I was nearly crazy. Ever sincethen, anything that 'flutters' has me spooked.

Welcome back, Jan!!!

Your moth story is funny because those things give me the creeps also.I have a great liking for butterflies (lepidoptery was and is a hobbyof mine), but moths are like twitchy furry mice...withwings....eeuuurgghh. They run into everything (unlike bats andbutterflies), and their big bodies are kind of creepy. There are somebeautiful ones, but I avoid handling them!

So see, you're not alone! :D

Rose

LuvaBun wrote:
Rose, you're right, moths do tend to run into things -usually me! I am sure they seek me out and divebomb me especially. Ilove bats - they eat moths :D:p -Jan

They've got it in for you....what can I say???:p

I like bats too.....although they do disrupt orchestra rehearsals.;)The poor thing swooped over the conductor's head for 5 min. before herealized it was there. I think all our heads swiveling around to watchits progress gave him a clue. :DIt was a boring rehearsalanyway!

Rose

Welcome back im hoping to go to the falls thisyear.we were planning to go several years ago and our pony got hurt andi had to stay home to give her medication.bluebird

Yay! Jan's back! :groupparty:

I was worried about you and all of our 'family members' in the UKduring the recent terrorist attacks. Hope you had fun, andI'm glad you're home safe and sound. Kisses to Pernod andPerry, please!

-Carolyn

Thanks, Vickie, it's good to be back. I think it is going to take me some time to catch up with the Forum though lol!

Cyprus was wonderful - very hot - but the people are very friendly.Flew to Egypt for the day (!) and saw the pyramids, sphinx, rode acamel :)shock:) and saw Tutenkhamen's(sp) Treasures. Very tired today.

BTW, I love your new avatar - really lovely :) -- Jan

Thanks Carolyn. I was in Cyprus when the bombinghappened, and many people on holiday there had family affected backhome so it was very worrying, especially as the mobile phone networkwas overloaded and they couldn't get in touch. The Cypriot people wereso sympathetic and were hugging us and translating the television newsfor us.

Like I said, it's so good to be back on the board. I was thinking ofyou all at the Boathouse Party, and it sounds as though you all had awonderful time.

I have given Pernod and Perry loads of kisses (they were a littlesuprised when I got in at 5.30am and started giving them pets andcuddles) and they have been nudging me and doing Bunny 500 :D

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Thanks, Vickie, it's good to be back. I think it is going totake me some time to catch up with the Forum though lol!

Cyprus was wonderful - very hot - but the people are very friendly.Flew to Egypt for the day (!) and saw the pyramids, sphinx, rode acamel :)shock:) and saw Tutenkhamen's(sp) Treasures. Very tired today.

BTW, I love your new avatar - really lovely :) -- Jan
Oh Jan you lucky thing.Egypt is something me and Ryan havealways wanted to do. Maybe when the children have grown up, it will besomething we will definitely look into.

I rode a camel in Tunisia when I was younger. They really are lovely, so friendly. Siobhan even fed him cactus.

I'm glad the Cypriots where so friendly to you. That must have been agreat help having them translate it. When you hadn't signed on thatday, I got worried but, then I searched your last post and realisedthat you had gone away.

Thanks for saying that about my avatar. It is a really blurred picturethat you can only really see when it is avatar size. I just wanted toshow off my ever expanding family :D.

Vickie

Latest posts

Back