Ways to Help Animals Affected by Hurricane Katrina

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carolyn wrote:
I'vesaidall along that I feel worse for the animals than thepeople. I've seen folks look at me like I was nuts, but atleast the people know what was going on and could get out.The animals, such as these,had no clue and couldn't getout.
I had people at work ask me why anyone would be donating to helpanimals when so many people were hurt. What really botheredme is that they asked this after reading an article about rescue orgstrying to get pets out of flooded houses before they died of starvation.

We have a responsibility to take care of our pets, but this is oftenforgotten when catastrophes occur. With so many peoplestepping up to help with the human tragedy, I'm sure some can be sparedto help those that can't help themselves.

We've been taken up on our offer to foster a dog that was displaced by hurricane Katrina!!!

They asked us to meet with them on this Sunday to pick up the doggie :jumpforjoy:

Latest posts

Back