watery, red eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiabia0

Reaction score
My holland lop has one eye that's Really watery, red around the lid & he's closing it alitte. Was alittle less noticable yesterday, seemed like he scratched it. Not sure if anyones ever delt with eye problems? Just wanna look into it incase. Going to call the vet tomorrow.

tiabia0 wrote:
My holland lop has one eye that's Really watery, red around the lid & he's closing it alitte. Was alittle less noticable yesterday, seemed like he scratched it. Not sure if anyones ever delt with eye problems? Just wanna look into it incase. Going to call the vet tomorrow.

[align=center]Sabriel got some hay in his eye and it got all red and watery.. the veterinarian gave us some eye drops and we had to give 3 drops eyer day until we see her again. She didn't look at him because she had no appointments that day. It was.. Tobramycin Ophthalmic Solution USP 0.3%... It got better by the next day.

So definitely call the vet and see what they say. They might want to see the bun and that might be better =O

Hope his eye gets better!

Thanks for the response. Im definitely calling in the morning and seeing if i can take him in. I think he may have gotten alfalfa in his eye, he always lays by the hay rack and gets it all over the place!

My bunnies get clogged tear glands (the dwarves) and zits on the eyelid (Tony). I have antibiotics that go directly on the eye for each condition. I would have a vet take a look at this as it could be conjunctivitis, but it is always good to have a vet make sure there is no scratch on the eye--those need to be treated or they can turn into very bad situations.

Latest posts

Back