Watermelon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaK

Reaction score
I'm sitting here eating watermelon with two bunnies staring at me intently :rollseyes

I know the fruit is ok for them to eat, but if I gave them a chunk of rind, can they chew on that too?

Ours love it but for Ripley at least, it always gives him runny poop-no matter how little it is that he gets.

They can eat the green part!? I never knew this... Buster loves watermelon but I never would have thought of giving him that.

They do not like the green part as much, but will still eat it. We used to give the rabbits watermelon rinds. There would be very little left over the next day. We would give each rabbit a 1/6 diameter of the watermelon that was 1-1.5 inchs thick. (sometimes we would give them double that.) This is what we fed Mini Rex. Never noticed any problems.

we once got a "bad" Mellon it was just gritty bit had not goton fermenty, so we put the entire thing in a cage with 8 young rabbits . . . they turned pink
i still cant belive it didnt make them sick, but they were growing so fast i'm not sure it phased them. and thy did stop after a bit, it was so sweet for them, they all stoped at once looked at eachother and slowly licked thire paws, it looked like kids on halloween:bunny18:humour:

Latest posts

Back