Water for rabbits in cold weather?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhoffman

Reaction score
So, we moved out rabbits back outside lastnight. They were just too much for in the house. The garage we have is not an option as there are two vehicles in there quite a bit and I do not want them to die from the fumes of the vehicle.

ANyways, it gets pretty darn cold here.. - 30 sometimes.. We have our hutch and rabbit area in a spot that is a really good place for them. Not very much drafts, snow doesnt really get in there but there is still light during the day. I have taken out water twice today so far, leaving one container out, then going out again about 6 hours later to switch with new water. I dont mind doing this at all. I dont want them to go with out water as I know it is very important for them. DOes this sound okay? Today the water was not completely frozen, but I know that the time will come where the water will be completely frozen. Should I go out there every couple hours instead of 6 hours, or do you think 2 times daily is okay? Or, maybe once in the morning, afternoon and just before bed?

They have it very warm in their hutch actually. I put my hand in their little burrows they made.. I put a TON of straw in their rooms. Each rabbit has about half a bale of hay.... square bales. At night I put a tarp over top the front of the hutch so they dont get too cold during the night. They back is wired as well and not all the way up agains the building. So they still have air to breath.

What do you think of the water situation? I am home all the time, so anything works for me.

When I kept my rabbits outside I changed out water bowls twice a day in the winter. I would think twice is okay but if you can change it three times that would be even better.

Latest posts

Back