Water bottles or water bowls?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugwinkle

Reaction score
What do you use for your bunnies?

I'm having a hard time keeping Maggie & Daisy's water bowl clean at all times so I'm thnking of switching them to a water bottle. Will they get use to using it quite easily?

I swaped Fluffball from a bottle to a bowl today and she went straight to it and started drinking out of it. I swapped it because the cage she was in we had the wrong bottle for and she couldn't get to it and I had to have a bowl - but I need to keep an eye on it for a while in case she knocks it over.

What I would do is put a bottle in put also keep the bowl for a while too check they are drinking out of it! I'm not sure though!

Most rabbits will take easily to a bottle. :) Many people talk of them leaking a lot though, (personally that's never been a problem for me). The only thing is you have to remember to clean it out regularly, and the spouts can be hard to clean, a little babies bottle brush is good for that though. :) But yeah, keep the bowl in there too and monitor them to make sure they are getting water from the bottle.

Mine use water bowls primarily, but I do have bottles out as well so the "remember" how o use them just in case they have to be boarded or evacutaed into a situation that bowls are not readily available.

Jamie uses a bowl because when i first got him i tried to use a bottle and at 12 weeks he'd never seen one. he wouldn't drink, and i got worried, so i stole one of mom's little pyrex(sp?) bowls. it gets dirty a little bit, but dumping it out isn't that bad. how come yours isn't staying clean? could it be too close to the litter box or something?

~A

Two of our rabbits have water bowls and the others have bottles. Lily used to have a water bottle, but when she was pregnant we gave her the bowl so she would have extra water and she just used that more. So we took away her bottle. I think she likes the bowl more.

Latest posts

Back