Water bottles! (/bowls?)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alice wrote:
Meat has one of the ball waterbottles as well as a big waterbowl (one of those stainless steel "no-tip" dog bowls that are wider atthe base than the rim). She drinks from them both, but drinks more fromthe bowl. She's never managed to tip the bowl :):knocks on wood:: )though one time I was setting the freshly-filled bowl on the groundwhen Meat ran up, grabbed the bottom rim in her teeth, & shovedreally hard, sending water splashing everywhere. ;P She also runsthrough the water bowl & flings water around on a regular basis,and likes to throw hay, shredded newspaper, & random toys in it(hence the water bottle, for when the bowl is undrinkable due toplaying).

waterrattle.jpg

All I can say (other than ewww!) is.... :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

The monkeys use bowls!

When they were with the breeder they used bottles, but for some strangereason when they came home they wouldn't use the bottles. So I got thembowls and we haven't looked back!

waterrattle.jpg

We have this problem too,with Tucker tossing his toys from above! LMBO!

Silly Monkeys!:p

I use bowls for all my animals except thehamster(it's extremely hard to water a hamster without a bottle!lol)...the buns can get more water that way...I think all buns couldget more water that way, not saying that bottles are wrong, there's afew, annoying things wrong with them, though....leaking, cracking,freezing and making a giant water pool...

They get more water 'cause it's less work....not really trying to argue....

I do know that some bunnies make it impossible to have dishes in theircages, they'll constantly tip over those bowls, there's nothing you cando about that..some perfer bowls, some perfer bottles, whater everfloats your dish/bottle!..just my opinion:)

Ellie & the Buns

I use bowls because of winter--the balls in thebottles freeze and tongues stick. So I figured it was simplest to stickwith bowls all year round. They are easy to clean too. (stupidsmall-necked bottles....:p)

Bottles are great for mothers with kits though, because I'm afraid kitswould drown in the big bowls when they start wobbling out of the box.Also great for those disgusting "teens" who persist in making a mess intheir water.;)

But by the time they hit their first winter, they are transitioned to bowls for safety's sake.

Rose

what kind of cold weather are you subjecting your bunnies to that make the ball stick? :p

Im glad this topic it up. Ok I was reading alittle bit on the internet and Im pretty sure I came across somethingthat said change your buns water bowl/bottle everyday.

I have a bottle that sticks to his cage and I fill it up it usually lasts a couple of days like 4 or 5.

Is that bad? Should I changs it everyday?

Sara and Duncan

if it were in a bowl, i'd change it everyday. Ifit's in a bottle, i just refill it every few days and i run the ballunder hot water

Latest posts

Back