Water bottle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rory

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This might be a silly question, but I just bought Annie awater bottle. I decided to stop using her water bowl because she keepstumbling it over and it's a real nuisance.

She's like 5 months old and I wonder if it's too late for her to adaptand learn how to use it. She's never usedone before so I justdon't know if she'll "get it". I know I'm probably a lot more worriedthan I should be, considering I bought it this morning, but she hasn'tdrunk from it yet.

Wondering what your thoughts on this are.

Thanks to y'all bunny lovers,

Rory

Try getting her interested in your finger andshowing her how to use it, with your finger. Eventually shewill get it. No bunny is too old to learn!

Also: consider using a different water bowl. My bunniestipped theirs over until I grabbed a couple bowls from the kitchencubbard. If you can find a shallow, flatbottomed bowl, allthe better, since bunnies drink more from bowls than bottles.

Leave both in for a while. That wayshe can still drink from the bowl if she can't get the bottle towork. Make sure the bottle is working, too.Sometimes they get air bubbles in the spouts.

Mocha never learned to drink from a bottle, so I stuck with abowl. All of mine prefer bowls. I use heavy ceramicdog/cat water bowls and I've never had a problem with them tipping, oreven moving.:)

My bunnies used to drink from crocks but ichanged them to water bottles rather quickly. What i did was to rub alittle bit of dehydrated fruit on the water bottle nozzle. Within a fewhours they knew how to drink from the bottle!! :DWell, atleast most of them knew how to. I had one stubborn gal who took aweek...:shock:

Latest posts

Back