Watch my 4-H rabbits grow X

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IM4Swine

Reaction score
Three of my New Zealand does shouldbe having babies the day after tomorrow or the day after that.Iwill probablyshow five of these babies at ourcounty's 4-H fair when they are about ten weeks old. I will show threeof them in a group together and twoI will show asindividuals. I thought it would be fun to have a thread where I postedpictures of them when they are just born, as they get older, and tellhow they place at the fair.

I put the does' nestboxes in their cages today.

This is Icing. She has had a couple of litters before. When I put a nestbox in her cage, she just sniffed the box then hopped away and flopped down on the floor. She always waits until the last minute to build her nest (and she didn't pull fur the other times).

Icingonnestdayresized.jpg

This is Cupcake's first litter. I owned Cupcake's parents. I am very excited thata rabbit that I bred willbe having her own babies now.

When I put the nestbox in Cupcake's cage, she started building a nest right away. But she was taking a break when I took this picture.

cupcakebystrawresized.jpg

This is Pie's first litter, too. She is from thesame litter Cupcake is from. When I put the nestbox in Pie's cage, shejust ate some of the straw.

When I went back out to take pictures, Pie was laying in hernestbox (she wasn't building a nest or anything - I think she justdecided to take a nap).

Pieinnestbox2resized.jpg

Looks like some lovely New Zealands you've gotthere! Congrats on getting to your second generation. The wins onbunnies you breed yourself always feel a little sweeter, lol!!

Can't wait to watch them grow!

-Lindsay

Yesterday morning when I went to the barn,Cupcake and Pie had both pulled some fur. But no one has really donemuch since then. I think Icing has put more straw in her box, butthat's all. Here is a picture of Cupcake's and Pie's nestboxes.

PieandCupcakesnestboxeswithsomefurr.jpg

Cupcake andIcing are both due today. Iam SO excited. I have been going out to the barn to check on them everyfew hours all day long. Still no babies.

Look at those nice pretty nests! Good luck, I hope to see a post about new babies from you soon!

:colors:

And why is there an X after the name? Should I start a new topic? Or is no one really interested in reading it anyway?

Anything after a certain time on May 9th is lost.:(Please continue going I love this thread.:)

The x stands for threads that lost stuff I believe.

OK. Thanks. I will keep posting stuff.

I took one ofIcing's babiesto the 4-H rabbit fun show yesterday and showed him as a pre-junior. He was the only pre-junior, so, of course, he won first place. I don't have a picture of him at the show because I didn't have a camera with me.

(I also showed one of Icing's older sons and he got best in show.)

I will repost the pictures soon. I don't have them on my photobucket account yet. Photobucket is usuallyVERY slow.

edited to change very slow to VERY slow

One of Pie's bunnies:

Piesbunnyresized.jpg

Icing and some of her bunnies:

Icingtwobuns6wksresized.jpg

Two more of Icing's bunnies (the one in the back isthe one that I took to the fun

show):

NAandanotherbunnyresized.jpg

Pipp wrote:
You should copy and paste the line that says 'IMG', that way everybody can see the photos without clicking the link. :)

sas
Okay. I didn't know I could do that. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back