Washingtonians!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what your spring and summer will be like this year since it got so cold this winter for washington. When I was living there we did have only one day of really extreme hot day others were regular and more normal temperature days of warmth.

Rabbitpss- I'm curious about that too. Because our winter this year was way out of wack! We got 2 feet of snow! It was crazy. And we usually get inches, never feet. So I'm wondering if our summer this year will be warmer.. :)

-
Karlee

I think it would be warmer since you had such a harsh winter. Isn't that how the saying goes for weather. Like cold winter and warm summer. and So.

I just saw one of your bunnies was named buttercup also is yours a boy or a girl. Mines a girl bunny. I adopted her from petco she was an easter reject that no one wanted.

yea I thought so to. She's been a pretty good darn bunny and i'm really enjoying her. Her favorite fruit are apples and bananas. She goes ape crazy for them when she can smell them. What are your bunnies favorite fruit. Her vegetable she likes is kale and romaine lettuce.

Aww, thats so cute. :)
Well, all my bunnies favorite veggies are parsley, and romaine lettuce. Their favorite fruits are oranges and bananas.
They usually get fruits and veggies every Friday, but sometimes I forget. :p

Karlee

Hi everyone
I'm from Spokane WA, Thumper is a French Lop, he's got quite the personality, he loves to give his momma attitude. His favorite veggie is the tops of carrots. I've only fed him apples. I didn't know you could give oranges and banana's to them.
Should that type of fruit be limited?

Yes, you can give rabbits oranges and bananas. ;)
I do limit them with any fruit or veggie. With oranges and bananas I usually give them a piece of orange (just like one of the little sections) and then a same sized piece of banana.
Also, if your rabbit has never had a certain fruit or veggie, I would just give them a small portion first and then if they like it maybe give them a little bit more or so.
Here is a really good list of safe things/not safe things for rabbits to eat: http://earthhome.tripod.com/saferab.html

It's really information! :)

-
Karlee

Thank you for that list, thats very helpful. I had a similar list but it wasn't as extensive. I'm sure my bunny will be very happy with some of the new food items. lol:biggrin2:

I've also discovered thisweekend thathe likes to be vacuumed lol, who would have thought. I use a mini shop vac and use an extension that has the brissells, he seems to enjoy it very much, it'll come in handy for when he sheds.:bunnydance:

ShortStuff:
Your welcome for the list! :) Hehe, ther was alot of foods I didnt know rabbits could have either! It was very helpfull!
Aww, that's so cute how he liked the vaccume. :)
So cute!

-
Karlee

Thanks - I didn't come up with the name.. and I've only had him a day :D Actually less than a day. It'll be 24 hours around 5:30 tonight!

I'm fostering him. I volunteer at the Humane Society with the bunnies and he was REALLY stressed out being around all of the noise and people so he needed a quiet home so I'm taking care of him at least until he gets fixed (in about two weeks) and then we'll see where we go from there.

As for the name, not sure how they came up with it as he's not a grouch, but he is a handful! I'll hopefully get to re-name him after I've spent more time with him and find a name that fits him better.

He's doing A LOT better. He's no longer huddled in the corner of the cage trying to get away from the world but now he is insisting that he MUST be out of his cage exploring my apartment. It's exhausting since my apartment isn't bunny proofed yet, but at least he's doing better.

Latest posts

Back