WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOS INSIDE...... was Surprise litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Peg I am so sorry i haven't been in this thread since the start:hug::hugsquish:. It sucks I hope the little one makes it.

You are right it is a very good example of how breeding isn't all fluffy bunnies!! Its downright hard work and can be so heartbreaking too. Big respect to you for putting this on the board cause I know what a tough call it can be. This is a good educational lesson for anyone who is a new breeder or for anyone thinking about breeding.

:pray::pray:I will keep this little baby in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that this little one can make it and lead a happy normal life. i will also keep the other baby in my thoughts and prayers as well. by the way how old are they? are they four days old or five?

:pray:

Awww geewhiz Peg. I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble with this litter. I'll keep the little one with the bad leg in my prayers. Yeah, breeding rabbits is truely a lot of work. And it can be heartbreaking. I'm keeping you in my prayers too. :pray:

As of a bit ago - the baby was still alive. The two babies that are left aren't getting much nursing - its like they get enough to last till the next feeding - but that is it.

Girly Girl is nesting and I think her milk would be better suited for them based on their age - but she feels HUGE....here's hoping that she can take over caring for them.

I'm about to go help Robin w/ getting Mochi to nurse them and then I'm heading to bed.....will update in the a.m.

Peg

Well - the little one is still alive - but we do not expect it to survive the night. It is just too weak to nurse no matter what we try.

Its comfortable for now in the nest and we're trying to keep it warm - it is just trying to go to sleep....

GoinBackToCali wrote:
I went to bed early, I am sorry I wasn't there...

I am so sorry Peg.
Don't worry about it.....life (and death) happens.

The little one passed away - it was in Robin's hands at the time. She sent me to bed to get some sleep and said she could handle it.

So the litter is all offically at Rainbow Bridge...

When I started this whole thread - I was hoping it would be a celebration of life...not a chronicle of their passing. But sometimes - that's just the way things happen.

I'm so sorry....

Peg

I don't quite know how to make a response here.

I am so sorry for the heartache you endured, but I am also glad you allowed all of us to be a part of it all.

((hugs))

moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg
moz-screenshot-8.jpg
th_loss.gif

It doesn't come up very clear what the writing says is
There are no words
of sympathy to ease
the loss you bear
but you may find some comfort
in the thought that others care.

Peg, maybe this litter was sent to you for confirmation that you don't want to breed and go through those heartaches anymore.Maybe Tiny is working on you still! He taughtyou a lot...

Maybe that was their purpose and once fulfilled - they got to go on to better things.

We, of course are saddened but I hold hope that when we leave here, we go someplace better.

Oh Peg...that's so awful...you are in my thoughts and prayers...

Please let me know if you need someone to talk to...my phone is still open to you, ya know.

:hug:

Omg! I feel so bad. I forgot to pray for them. I am so increibly sorry peg. may they rest in peace.:bunnyangel::nerves1

I am sorry Peg...

But it is a testement as to the fight left in the lil 3 legged baby.. he outlasted them all.

Call me if you need me..I will be on the plane in like 2 hours.. it's 3:30 here, so if I don't answer, I will call you back after I get settled..

Zin

I'm so sorry Peg, you tried so hard, I'm just so sorry.

I had a tough time reading this thread, it reminded me of something I had to do and didn't want to, when a doe had maimed her entire litter. My DH was at work, would be hours before he came home, and I couldn't let them wait like that. It was horrible, I still cringe when I think about it, I still have a real problem with does who hurt their babies, it makes me ill. It is part of breeding though, and people should know that up front, this a sad but educational thread.

I feel badly for you, you just can't seem to get a break lately, I hope it gets better from here on out.

Bramblerose wrote:
I'm so sorry Peg, you tried so hard, I'm just so sorry.

I had a tough time reading this thread, it reminded me of something I had to do and didn't want to, when a doe had maimed her entire litter. My DH was at work, would be hours before he came home, and I couldn't let them wait like that. It was horrible, I still cringe when I think about it, I still have a real problem with does who hurt their babies, it makes me ill. It is part of breeding though, and people should know that up front, this a sad but educational thread.

I feel badly for you, you just can't seem to get a break lately, I hope it gets better from here on out.
It is so hard - isn't it?

Cordelia killed some in her first litter - but when I took her babies to her and then gave them to her after about 10 or 12 days - she was a great mama.

I rebred her....she killed them again at first and/or maimed them. I fostered them out and like 4 days later she came down with head tilt. Wow....it makes me wonder sometimes when a doe maims a litter now if anything is wrong with her.

I once had to put down a whole litter shortly after birth. (They were worse than Holiday and Fiesta). It was a horrible thing - I mean - it was done painlessly and humanely....but I cried.

I have one last litter left....due tonight/tomorrow. I bred Girly Girl the morning that Tiny died....and then I didn't get around to breeding a second doe because of the shock of his death, etc.

I'm praying Girly Girl's litter is ok and she's ok. I don't know how much more stress I can take from breeding.

I'm so glad I'm getting out of breeding. I'm so glad I can just enjoy my animals as pets and not spend 31 days after breeding a girl wondering, "Did I do the right thing?"

Peg

Latest posts

Back