walnuts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renaelock

Reaction score
I heard a walnut a day helps a bunny's belly and coat. What part do I give, the whole thing shell and all or just the nut?

renaelock wrote:
I heard a walnut a day helps a bunny's belly and coat. What part do I give, the whole thing shell and all or just the nut?
i don,t temp fate,,i would stick to a rigid diet plan of hay,water,some pellets,greens..sincerely james waller:scared::p

Walnuts would be the same as giving flaxseed which plenty do and is often included in organic pellets. The meat is the only useful part of a walnut. I do sometimes give shelled nuts to entertain entertain everything from hamsters to our shiba dog to horses. It's a healthier treat for a horse than a carrot. Depending on the animal and the nut (like rock hard brazil nuts) it can take them hours to work the shell off. I don't know of any critter that a small to moderate amount of nut (or flaxseed) is harmful to. Only the caution that they are fattening.

Back