Walk on a Leash

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*nepo*

Reaction score
Today I took Nepo out on hisleash (not for the first time). I just let him walk around without meholding the leash and having to run,but I follow him to makesure he doesn't get into trouble.Ithink a hawk was watchingus:shock:. Or maybe it was a bird this time, but I'm pretty sure thereis an hawk (or aneagle I don't really know the difference,maybe that an eagle is bigger) watching us. I came upon a fewquestions:).1.Do grass seeds count as pesticides? 2.Does exercise makea bunny less fat? 3. Has anyone heard of guava? (it's a fruit) well canbunnies eat it? I'm asking because I have a guava tree and I took afruit that was about to fall and put it on a tableandwhenI came back Nepowas eatingit!:DI have given Nepo guava before but nothing has happened.Guava is green and white on the inside.

Today I started giving Nepo less food because Iwas giving him a lot. And I kind of think it wasn't enough, but ifthat's how much he is supposed to eat then me and Nepo will have toadjust. I also gave him bite sized pieces of celery and he really likedit.

I really wanted to take pictures of him roaming free outside but I couldn't find the digital camera.:(

Exercise will leave you with a trimer bunny. They love it anyway so it works out well.:D

I have no idea about the guava, it wasn't on the safe foods list in thebasic care post, and when I tried to search for it I couldn't findanything either.

As for the grass seeds, it depends on whether or not there are chemicals with them. Seeds alone aren't as far as I know.

~Christine~

I'm glad exercise does makethem skinnier because Nepo is kind of fat:). My dad said the grassseeds were natural so I think they're okay.

Exercise definitely makes them skinner. Its just I can't get the bunny to get out and do any.

[suP]I was just back fromrunning with him to catch him and put him inside because it was gettingdark. It was fun chasing him:D.Anna why can't you get him your bunnyout? Do you have a leash?[/suP]

[suP]Today my teacher picked me as student aid:D.Its a like a helper. I was kind of nervous*blush* because its kind oflike if he had a crush on me:p because he always smiles with me and hesreally mean to other students, but I now its because I'm a goodstudent. I'm really shy.:)[/suP]

Hi *nepo*

A fat bunny isn't a healthy bunny, it's very hard on their hearts, theyhave a harder time cleaning themselves, in addition to other problems.

Seeds, although natural, should be given in moderation to your littleone. They can lead to an obesity problem as they tend to be high infat. Not sure about grass seeds - you would think not, but not sureabout the contents of them, if they're treated, and how the bodyprocesses them. Perhaps someone else can give you the specifics. Ingeneral, I follow the rules of moderation with all seeds and treatsjust to be on the safe side.

I meant to tell you how absolutely adorable your little one is. When Isaw a picture of him, I meant to reply but got distracted and I can'tfind the post now. What a little love! He stole my heart immediately.

Let him get plenty of exercise and work on him not getting any heavier.I don't remember thinking he was fat from his picture, but keep an eyeon it. Just as it's not healthy for us, it's not healthy for them.

Kiss that little *Nepo* for me.

:)

-Carolyn

I do feel kind of sorry forhim when I put my ear on his belly, his heart sounds so fast, althoughbunny's hearts beat faster than ours. I don't think he has much problemcleaning himself. I wanted to take pictures so you could tell if he wasfat or not, but I couldn't find the camera.:( Does anyone know whatbreed he is or what kind of markings he has, I heard someone saying hehad Himalayan or Californian markings. I am really working on hisexercise, before I only took him out on his leash on weekends andsometimes on Fridays, but now I take him out every day since yesterday.Nepo also started a new diet now I give him 1/5 of a cup of pellets,cellery, and water. At first I thought the 1/5 of a cup wasn't enough,but now I see him getting adjusted to it.Thanks for everyone'shelp.:D

I never thought of taking him out on the leash. I thought he would get scared since he almost never been outside.

I meant its hard to make him get out of his cage and run around.

Anna you mean your bunny likes being in his cage?

I've had enough of chasing Nepo so he doesn't gothrough the fence and runaway:XToday he went through the fence andalmost went into a wild bunny home, a forest:shock:I'm definetly buyina harness. And I'm also going to have to learn how to walk him becausewhen ever I grab his leash he thinks I'm going to catch him so he runs,and of course to keep hold of the leash I have to run after him so andhe thinks I'm chasing him to catch him!:XI've also tried towalk as war away from him on his side instead of behind him, but hestill runs and runs.

You have to be careful of hawks. They are very fast and silent.

I have seen them go after birds and squirels in my back yard.At my parents house a hawk is always catching doves. I saw itswoop down after one one day. Only a few feet from thehouse. I have watched one chase through the woods after abird. They really seem to come out of nowhere.

Ed

Yeah, if you are physically in very closeproximity to Nepo, then he should be safe. But being even a foot or twoaway will not deter some cats, dogs, or other predators, so always keepan eye out! ;)

*nepo* wrote:
Anna you mean your bunny likes being in his cage?

I've had enough of chasing Nepo so he doesn't gothrough the fence and runaway:XToday he went through the fence andalmost went into a wild bunny home, a forest:shock:I'm definetly buyina harness. And I'm also going to have to learn how to walk him becausewhen ever I grab his leash he thinks I'm going to catch him so he runs,and of course to keep hold of the leash I have to run after him so andhe thinks I'm chasing him to catch him!:X I've also tried to walk aswar away from him on his side instead of behind him, but he still runsand runs.

You know I kinda think so. We keep his cage door open all the time forhim to come out and play in the room. And he only comes out at nightand sometimes in the morning. The rest of the time he sleeps in hiscage.

Back