Waiting on babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sychak

Reaction score
First,
This is my first litter. They're mini rex.

I bred my chocolate doe to my Lilac buck.
My doe is on day 30 today and i'm soooo impatient!

My doe has gotten sooooo heavy these past few days and you can see babies kicking all over her.

This is her before being preggo:
4645397436_a30c70495f.jpg

This is her today (day 30)::shock:
4645397568_f14335b906.jpg

Sorry the pics not that great. I put a towel over her cage and she's been throwing hay everywhere.

Just sharing the news of upcoming babies cause I'm excited!! :biggrin:

-Jessica

HOLY CRAP! She's huge! lol How funny! There's probably quite a few in there then. :p

Congrats! Can't wait to hear more about the babies when they are born! :D

I know!! Everything I've read says that rabbits don't get really heavy/big when pregnant...but, mine has!

You can see kit kicking and flipping inside of her all over too.

How many can she really have in there? I'm worried she'll have too big of a litter.

Mini rex can have large litters... like Kelly (la~la~land)said, she had a litter of 12. lol

I think that there are AT LEAST 6 kits with that belly! Leaning towards 8 kits... lol

Or, maybe they are just big babies?

:bunny19:bunny19:bunny19:bunny19:bunny19:bunny19:bunny19:bunny19

So, today is day 31! I woke up this morning to find she had built a beautiful nest in her nest box full of soft fur.

Still waiting on those kits!

So far we have 6 very healthy looking kits!!!

I'll post pics as soon as I put my kids down for a nap. :)

Alright! Here's some babies!

BTW, we bred her (chocolate) to my buck (lilac). Evans software gave us an 8 % chance for BEW's. I thought that was odd.
But, we have 1 white baby!

4647979958_b901d851b4_o.jpg

4647980112_60655806bd_o.jpg

How awsome :biggrin:the little white one looks like a babyhippo :birthdaybabies.

Is it possible for her to still have babies inside of her? (they were bred twice- 12 hours apart).

She's clearly done birthing this litter (the 6 kits). But, she's still hefty around the tummy and I'm not sure but I think I still see babies kicking. (She will NOT let me palpate her. She's my husbands rabbit. She absolutely hates me. I will have him feel her when he gets home later).

Hippo might not be the best term- it's a deformity in other small breeds (not sure if it's in mini rex?)

Beautiful kits. I'm thinking the white's a little REW, unless it gets some color on it in the next few days.

And it's possible for a doe to have another few the next day, but it's not all too common. (I've personally never had it happen, but there's people here that have.)

Yea I took another look at her and she most definitely still has babies inside moving around.

I guess I'll be expecting more babies tonight or tomorrow! yikes.

I still see movement inside of her. So, we're just watching her. Other than obvious baby movements inside of her, everything is looking good and normal with her. And her babies in the nestbox all looked nice and plump this morning!

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:
Hippo might not be the best term- it's a deformity in other small breeds (not sure if it's in mini rex?)

Beautiful kits. I'm thinking the white's a little REW, unless it gets some color on it in the next few days.

And it's possible for a doe to have another few the next day, but it's not all too common. (I've personally never had it happen, but there's people here that have.)
NO I did not mean it that way I was thinking of a baby hippopotimus ( sp?) Which is a very cute baby .:):):)I think that babe is adorable. I'm going to be watching for more pic's of her/him :apollo:. Is there such thing as a white Rex?

Well, i'm guessing i was wrong on seeing more baby movement in her. No more babies. (thankfully..she had a perfect litter..dont want to change that).

The little white one is certainly white...his peach fuzz is coming in and is all white. :)

Latest posts

Back