Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Velvet seems to be making progress everytime I see her. Last night while trying to give her a shot, she displayed her bunnytude!, more like her old self.
[align=center]:party0002:
[/align]
[align=center]Go Velvet Go!
[/align]

Thanks everyone. I didn't think I had a picture of her before her shots but I discovered I had a couple on my camera, taken on December 29th and January 3rd before she was given any shots.

Here are some before and after pictures, show how much things have changed in only a few days.

Before the shots of Pen-G with procaine

Velvetsoucheye12-29-08.jpg
Velvetbehindthecouchwithherouchyeye.jpg

After the shots of Pen-G with procaine

Velvetseyeafter3shots1-9-09.jpg
Velvetslefteyeafter3shots1-9-09.jpg

These pictures were taken last night. The picture on the left behind her neck shows the ouchy spot from her injection the night before, I think it was a little worse because she jumped while I was giving it.

She is quite a bunny, when I got her out last night to take the pictures, I never would have thought I would be happy to have her charge, grunt or try and bite me.

Oh Dave - I've had that same thing happen with the area around the eye...I have three or four bunnies that are prone to it.

I put bag balm on the skin to help it stay moist and heal up. I think you can get bag balm at Walmart - for probably under $5. It is in a green tin.

Yesterday and today we got about ten inches of snow. I came home from work and discovered my neighbor had snowblowed my driveway and sidewalk, including the spot my car was before I left. It had snowed heavily while I was gone so I had to do it again.

Once that was done, I took Tiny outside for his first taste of winter in Indiana. I don't think he was impressed, he liked being inside the house in his nice warm cage. He almost blends in with the snow though.

Tinyinthesnow01-10-09.jpg

A few days back I mentioned that Thumper had put all his toys neatly in a little cardboard box I put in his cage. Once I discoverered that I naturally had to dump them out. Well he put them back inside the box again. Here is a picture of the box closed and with his toys inside. If only my teenagers would take a lesson from Thumper my house would be so much cleaner.:)

TinysTodyboxclosed01-10-09.jpg

TinysTodyboxopen01-10-09.jpg

I had gotten Titan out last night to watch TV with me and he is such a good boy when he is out in the living room. It is funny to watch this big big rabbit being so timid about jumping off of the couch. When he is on the floor all he has to do is sit up and his head is well above the cushion on the couch.

He watched a couple of George Lopez shows on Nickelodeon and then hopped back to the bunny room to pee in front of Thumper and Baby's cages, afterwards he hopped back into his cage for the night.

Awww! Poor Titan! Hope he didn't catch you chuckling!
Velvet's eye looks miles better. What an improvement over just a few days!

Thumper is better organized than I am... He's welcome to come "visit"( :nasty:) for as long as he wants! Wish my guys were that OCD when it comes to cleanup :)

Tiny looks like he disapproves of the snow. He reminds me of a little arctic hare... how exotic :)

ETA: I rock the dance section on Rabbids... Hurling the cow is not my forte, though...:D

In Raving Rabbids I finally passed the dance game on my own!:woohoo

Now I am having trouble with the little marble in the brain game.

Yeah, Tiny was not at all a happy camper about the snow. I could almost hear him saying "dude, if I was meant to be standing on snow there would be snow inside my cage inside the house!"

After one week of shots I am declaring Velvet recovered. Her eyes are bright, they have a mischievous twinkle in them, fur is growing back in where it had come out around her eyes and was all matted, and she is letting everyone know again who is in charge!

Last night when Wabbitmom (Karen) and I went to give her a shot, she bit Karen. Karen wasn't happy, but when we first startedVelvet would just sit there so the bite was sort of o.k., painful and bruisey, but o.k.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Last night when Wabbitmom (Karen) and I went to give her a shot, she bit Karen. Karen wasn't happy, but when we first startedVelvet would just sit there so the bite was sort of o.k., painful and bruisey, but o.k.
Hmmm, I wonder if the bite would still be OK if a certain Wabbitdad had been the victim ;)

Great to hear that Velvet is recovered, though :)

Jan

Umm glad she is doing better sorry she bit your wife. I have been bit by a flemish....not fun.

LuvaBun wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Hmmm, I wonder if the bite would still be OK if a certain Wabbitdad had been the victim ;)

:yeahthat:

Yeah, I always get elected to help hold the buns around the front, whenever we have to do a procedure. I've been bitten probably twice as much as Dave. Don't get me wrong - he's had a couple of doosies, including one which involved an emergency room visit - but I generally get the worst part of it. This summer, I got bitten at the rabbit barn during the fair. When I went running, with a very bloody finger and 2 more bites on the forearm, up to the office for first aid, I got a disapproving look and this comment: "This is why we have signs up that say don't put your fingers in the rabbit cages!" To which I shouted, "DUDE!! My own rabbit did this!!" (Give me some first aid, you dimwit! :tantrum:)

LuvaBun wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:

Great to hear that Velvet is recovered, though :)

Jan

Yeah, ah, sure.

Dave

Last night I got Rudy and Pudge out for a little while. Once Pudge reminded Rudy of who is in charge, they spent a lot of time cuddled together and Pudge made sure Rudy was properly groomed for the evening out.

Pudge has been a little shy lately, but has been getting better the last day or two, I've been giving her a lot of nose rubs.

Oh I love Rudy! What a fuzzy disapprover! He looks so snuggly. :inlove:

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
In Raving Rabbids I finally passed the dance game on my own!:woohoo

Now I am having trouble with the little marble in the brain game.

Yeah, Tiny was not at all a happy camper about the snow. I could almost hear him saying "dude, if I was meant to be standing on snow there would be snow inside my cage inside the house!"

lol poor Tiny...

I bought the Rabbids TV Party game last week too! Loving it so far. Made me super tired. Also i played the instrumental mini game that's kinda like Rock Band with my bro. The song was Britney Spears' "Toxic". I was the percussion in "musician" mode. He was the electronic noisemaker in "apprentice" mode. There are so many drums in that song. Let's just say my bro only had to move his wii-mote once every 30 seconds. And he somehow ended up with the same points as me. :grumpy:

Latest posts

Back