VPI pet insurance

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyshizzle

Reaction score
Does anyone have VPI pet insurance for their bunnies? I only have Rascal right now and probably only will for a while but I was wondering what information you can give me on it? How much does it cost a month for one bunny? Do you think it will cover teeth trimmings?

Any info would be great. I am really thinking of getting it this month after the 26th.

I gave it a trial & dropped it as soon as I read the policy. I don't recall if pre-existing conditions were covered after a year or so, but the main reason I dropped it was that they could cancel you any time. So as soon as you filed a claim for anything that would be expected to recur, they'd surely drop you.

What the heck. That's odd. =/ Do you know of any other pet insurance for exotic pets? The bunny rescue I got Rascal from recommended I get VPI pet insurance but I didn't want to jump into it without knowing anything about it.

I agree, insurance companies will drop you at the drop of a hat ;) I have a membership with a discount program called Pet Assure, which is not really based on the condition of your babies, so they don't care how many times you get the discount (every time you go to the vet btw). I'll link to them: I use it instead of pet insurance.

My aunt has VPI for her two Old English Sheepdogs and she says I should get it for my bunny. I know it won't cover his teeth but if something were to come up it could be useful.

Pet insurance is too... Insurance-ish.
Take the money you would spend on insurance and put it into an account for your pets.

Not only will the companys happily drop you, but they will find any reason they can not to cover your claim even with out dropping you, because hey if they drop you they stop getting your money.
Seen an dog with a previous front leg limp, just a bruise basicly. Owners eventually got pet insurance. Few years later, thatdog ruptured a ligament in its back leg. Expensive procedure that falls under acceptable and should be covered. Pet insurance company decided the back leg injury is related to the previous front leg injury, Pre-existing condition, and refused to cover the dogs surgery.

Its no different for rabbits, especially since they are so prone to certain things. Save you cash, dont flush it.

Watermelons wrote:
Pet insurance is too... Insurance-ish.
Take the money you would spend on insurance and put it into an account for your pets.

Not only will the companys happily drop you, but they will find any reason they can not to cover your claim even with out dropping you, because hey if they drop you they stop getting your money.
Seen an dog with a previous front leg limp, just a bruise basicly. Owners eventually got pet insurance. Few years later, thatdog ruptured a ligament in its back leg. Expensive procedure that falls under acceptable and should be covered. Pet insurance company decided the back leg injury is related to the previous front leg injury, Pre-existing condition, and refused to cover the dogs surgery.

Its no different for rabbits, especially since they are so prone to certain things. Save you cash, dont flush it.

Wow, thanks for that! Definitely won't get it now. I just thought it might be worth it but if they treat its customers like that there is NO WAY!

Latest posts

Back