Vocalizations

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloorren

Reaction score
I like to refer to Cotton as "talkative", because the noises she makes are positive, but they do very slightly. I am more than bonded with her, she owns the first floor of my house and always gets jealous of the computer, hopping on it, nudging at my arm, and flips upside and falls asleep next to me, she's the cutest. She's an American Satin - so her behavior is not like most domesticated rabbits as it is, but she'll make several different sounds when I really get to petting her the way she likes. Sometimes she'll make little happy noises when she is cleaning herself. I figure that this should be worth mentioning because I wonder if anyone else has this experience as there aren't websites that mention it under the search for "rabbit vocalizations"

Some rabbits are very vocal, others, not so much. Many of them "hum". This is a very deep "throaty" soft sound they make when they're happy. For some reason they only make it when they're moving. There's an "oinky" noise made when they're eating an especially delicious treat, sometimes. My French Lop, Honey, whimpers when she's stressed. I have also heard a rabbit growl. An unmistakable growl, just before he bit my hand, drawing blood. If you hear a growl, move away.

Solara is very vocal when she's mad. Grunts, all that good stuff (she's easily angered. :/) Silas doesn't really make any noise... Sabriel makes this noise when he's happy/when he's eating: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLDhMN3KUDo[/ame] (skip to 0:10)

Everybun is different C:

Back