Vinegar/Water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GK44

Reaction score
Hi,

What is the ratio of vinegar to water when I fill up a spray bottle? Thanks!

I think anywhere between a 1:4 ratio and 50/50 is good. I go back and forth between those two ratios depending on how OCD I'm feeling.

I don't really measure it, but try for a 50/50 mix.
If you have really bad stains, you can use strait vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub a lot. Some stains may take a few times to get off. Make sure you can rinse well.

I use full strength. I figure it's cheap enough and then I can be sure of more germ killing. If I feel really OCD, I spray vinegar first, then 3% hydrogen peroxide. The germ killing factor is awesome and it doesn't contribute to the superbug issues that come from antibacterial products or bleach.

Using full strength vinegar on surfaces doesn't bother the bunny even after you rinsed the area with water? (If you do wipe down the area afterward with water, that is)

If you wipe it with water afterward it won't be a problem. Rabbits just don't like the smell of it. I've used it to discourage them from chewing certain areas (full strength).

I also use it full strength when cleaning the urine buildup in the litter box. Then I hose it out.

Presumably, the rabbit isn't in the cage when it is being wiped down anyway.

Using full strength vinegar on surfaces doesn't bother the bunny even after you rinsed the area with water? (If you do wipe down the area afterward with water, that is)

She's never been bothered by it. Usually when I'm cleaning her condo, she's either prowling around the living room or she's on a different level than the one that's being cleaned. I always wipe the vinegar off with a damp cloth.

Latest posts

Back