Vinegar smell

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoh

Reaction score
So I know that vinegar is like the miracle cleaner, which is why I had it in the back of my car. I clean houses so I use it quite a lot. But how do you get rid of the smell, the top came off of the jug in my car and spilled everywhere. It's down in where the spare tire is, it's everywhere. It is still very cold here so anything liquid that I put on it (soap and water) is going to freeze. I had only had my car for a couple of weeks before this happened, now I can't stand to get into my new car because it smells so bad.

Any Ideas? I searched the web and everything that I come up with tells me to use vinegar to get the smell of something else out. I need the smell of vinegar out! Help!

Joy

Do you have a small, like green machine steam cleaner? and can you get it inside someplace to do that?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Do you have a small, like green machine steam cleaner? and can you get it inside someplace to do that?

I have a regular carpet shampooer that has attachments, I had thoughtof trying that put I have been waiting a bit hoping that it would warm up a bit so that the water that I put in doesn't freeze but the smell is getting bad I might have to do it regardless. I guess I would rather have ice in the back of my car than vinegar.

I had thought of trying the baking soda thing too but forgot to buy it when I was at the store the other day. I might have to do both, the smell is terrible.

Thanks,

Joy

Well it was much simpler than I thought, I just tore apart the whole trunk area. All of the carpet smells fine so I dug deeper taking out the spare tire. There is a mat that sits under the spare, it was soaked. So it is soaking in the bathtub with some Tide, I'm going to run it threw the spin cycle and the dryer, if it falls apart it'sno great lose I can't use it with that smell either.

Thanks for the advice though, I suppose I should have tore the trunk apart before bothering you guys.

Joy

FYI! Just in case anybody is wondering , you CAN NOT put the pad from under your spare tire in the dryer. What a friggen mess I have made! :X At least the smell is gone:?

OH NO!!!!!! :(

You can get a replacement for that if you want to.

Is that the carpeted kind or is it the rubber like stuff?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
OH NO!!!!!! :(

You can get a replacement for that if you want to.

Is that the carpeted kind or is it the rubber like stuff?

Neither really, if it were wood I would call it partical board. It LOOKED like all different pieces parts of fabric mushed together but it was all stitched so I thought it MIGHT me okay. Basically all it did was go under the spare tire to keep it from rubbing and bumping on the metal of the car. I just put a little throw rug under it, it works fine just doesn't look as nice.

Well, I'm glad you figured it out, despite losing a small portion of your car. :)

Yeah, I was sitting here, reading this, thinking, "There has to be some wet, standing vinegar still in the car." Mostly because vinegar smell seems to dissipate as it dries.

But I'm so glad you got all this handled! Good job! :D

Latest posts

Back