Vet or No?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonnie Lee

Reaction score
So I was going to give my bunny Winston away to a new home which seemed extremely keen on having him and were going to drive up from way over the other side of the town to have him even though I told them he doesn't like being picked up and isn't a child friendly bunny...

But once the day came I look at one of his eyes.. and down the bottom of it.. it's turning a strange colour... it's like a grey-ish colour but then some of it looks a bit orange i think...

I looked it up in this handbook... and at first I thought it was Moon Eye as it's quite cloudy which said it was a hereditary defect... and the vets in my area don't know much on rabbits.

do you think it's something else thats really serious and needs attention or maybe it really is what I read it was??

He doesn't seem as if it bothers him at all.. But i thought he always gets a little bit of white gross stuff in the corner of his eye that maybe the pressure in his ducts or something has built up and caused this odd growth on his pupil?

I think I should take him to the vet anyways. Just wanted a second opinion.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Thanks pip for the links they were really helpful and showed me a lot but I can't pin point what he has so
I'm going to do some research for a good rabbit vet even if its not in my area and take him.

Thanks, but none of those were near me :(
it's okay though because if I find a good one I'll add it to the list. fingers crossed.

Back