vet costs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fantaysah

Reaction score
Anyone here have a vet that gives multiple bunny discounts? When i took mine to the vet he didn't charge me a dime for sugar and only charged 54.00 for pepper. That's an exam each and 2 different medications each ! He is the only rabbit vet in 3 counties so i was impressed that the prices were so nice! My shar pei will be moved there for her next visit also because i liked him so much. Soo... are these prices typical? What does your vet charge for exams etc? And how much do u like them?

I wish we had places that gave multiple bun discounts. I've spent at least $4000 in vet bills in the last year.

Is it a vet that does dogs too...? Is it a dog vet that occasionally does rabbits?

Our vet specializes in small animals and dogs... And charges 35$ for an exam and nail clip for our bunny. If you have 2 bunnies it's 50$ for both and 10$ more for each addition bunny exam :) we have used him for all our pets for over 16 yrs and love him! We don't mind the two hour drive :)

We only have one rabbit savvy vet in the area. They charge $63 per each rabbit and don't have multiple pet discounts. They are great people and provide a lot of advice, but I do wish they had discounts. Fecals are another $30 each

erinmoveit wrote:
We only have one rabbit savvy vet in the area. They charge $63 per each rabbit and don't have multiple pet discounts. They are great people and provide a lot of advice, but I do wish they had discounts. Fecals are another $30 each

Wow! That seems pricey... But I guess at least they are good! Fecals are included in our vet exams... And if they aren't needed we get a credit.

That seems expensive? Our vet of choice does exams for $80 each with no multiple pet discounts and fecals are $40. But they are fantastic so I go there.

A spay costs $285. Ugh, that number so rough. I'm used to vet bills being high one hundred, but not almost $300. Especially when there are countless other vets nearby quoting ..$80-$180

...I'm just kind of chuckling to myself cause it cost me $330 for Flynn's spay, but it's more ofa pained chuckle because I wish our prices were that low. All of our other does that have been spayed came that way, but Flynn was a bit of a shock to get a bill that high. Considering I have two coming up for a spay at the same time, that's going to be a huge number to take.

I would never be able to go for a spay with a cost of $80, it seems like there would have to be a lot of corner cutting to get it that low...

Latest posts

Back