vet beds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.palacepet.com/

Since you're in the U.S., I've posted this link (these guys don't ship outside the U.S.). You're right, they're expensive, but I do know some people claim to have bought pieces every so often at huge discounts. Now, whether PalacePet was the one offering those discounts, I'm not positive...but it doesn't hurt to contact them and find out. Another place in the U.S. that sells vet bedding is KV Vet Supply.

And another option is the fleece coverings that are made for massage tables. While I've never used them (was never able to get any around here), some members of a disabled rabbit forum used to recommend them as they were cheaper than vet bedding and worked quite well. I can't vouch for that though; all I can do is pass on what I read. ;)

But I can attest that true vet bedding is really worth its weight in gold. It's durable, withstands hundreds of washes, and really does wick away fluids beautifully. So while it is pricey...it's worth every penny.

The disabled rabbit forum is a part of Yahoo groups. If you do a search for 'disabled rabbits', it should be the first one to show up (it's actually named 'disabledrabbits'). :)

I never discontinued my membership there but must admit I haven't been to it in quite some time now. But it was invaluable to me when I needed help and support with the disabled bunny I had. One of the members, Arlette, is a walking encyclopedia on the subject of disabled rabbits, I swear. Actually there are many members who are wonderful at making suggestions, sharing information, and even (especially) lending emotional support. I highly recommend it.

I'm on the disabledrabbits group :) Arlette is my first rabbit person I met online and still continue to talk to her on MSN.

Bassetluv wrote:
The disabled rabbit forum is a part of Yahoo groups. If you do a search for 'disabled rabbits', it should be the first one to show up (it's actually named 'disabledrabbits'). :)

I never discontinued my membership there but must admit I haven't been to it in quite some time now. But it was invaluable to me when I needed help and support with the disabled bunny I had. One of the members, Arlette, is a walking encyclopedia on the subject of disabled rabbits, I swear. Actually there are many members who are wonderful at making suggestions, sharing information, and even (especially) lending emotional support. I highly recommend it.

Latest posts

Back