Very upset, my old doe is a new MUM

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry! This is a problem many pet owners encounter- accidental litters. Litters are a big deal for first timers. :D

Keep in mind- she had to play an active part in the breeding. She must have known what she was getting into, so please don't feel too bad. ;)When the babies start venturing outside of the nest, STOP feeding anything wet of any kind. Dead babies are no fun.:)Otherwise, your and Timmy both are doing great jobs.

Everything is going well, I am trying to load up some pics asap, but time is of big concern when you have dial up and 12 rabbits! I just got 2 new ones today and its all wonderful but a lot of hard work. The kits are so fat and warm and snuggly, they are so well cared for, they have the best Mum, and the best Mum's Mum too ;)

Their nest is cosy and compact and I check on them 3 times overnight every night. They are huge already.

wow that's so cool Lisa,

sounds like they're doing great.. if you're not too busy we can have a chat tomorrow? just tell me/call me.

if its not too har with dial up im sure RO would loorve to see pictures

I wouldn't disturb them too much, since you have already ascertained that they are alive and well fed, I wouldn't check them more than once in 24 hours. If mom gets nervous about all the interruptions, she might hurt the babies.

Latest posts

Back