Very Excited!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
I'm very, very excited right now. Got a callfrom Immgration this afternoon and go in Monday morning for my FinalConfirmation. AKA: VISA!!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, I married a Canadian and moved here ayear and a half ago. It has taken this long for the whole process ofgetting my Permanent Residence Visa in this country. During this yearand half, I was not allowed to cross the border to the States to visitfamily, with the exception of emergencies, such as the two funeralslast month for my grandmothers.

On Monday, I will be allowed to come and go as I please, go get my belongings that are in VT at my mom's in her basement.

This has been a long, hard road to go down. Never did I think getting aVisa was so difficult and time consuming. Before, I was like everyoneelse who thought "Don't you just have to marry a citizen to get one?" Ihad no idea it would be a year and a half process and two thousanddollars pluslater.......

Anyway, I am so very happy and had to share the good news!

Yeah, I know a Canadian who married an American and it took them a long time too.

I think only in the UK you can move around with little to no problems.

I'm so happy!!

:groupparty:

:yes:

:happybunny::elephantslide::elvis:

:USAflagwaving: :Canada:

It's been a long time coming! CONGRATULATIONS Stephanie! :balloons:

:hug:

-Carolyn

Thats great!! So glad it finally happened...justin time for the baby!! Will make taking her back to see grandma so mucheasier!!!

Oh, I'm so happy for you!! That'swonderful. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for youto have to go through this lengthy process.

Jen

Congratulations!!! That was a long time to wait! Happy everything worked out.

Stephanie wrote:
Yeah, I know a Canadian who married an American and it tookthem a long time too.

I think only in the UK you can move around with little to no problems.

I'm so happy!!

:groupparty:
Thats true, we always drive up to Scotland whereour friendshave a holiday house which we borrow.:DI'm sure you can movewith no problems too!

Thats great Stephanie!:bunnydance::elephant:

wow,who knew it was such a hassle to get acanadian visa.i thought you got married and that was it.congratulationsim sure you are relieved its over.bluebird

Don't feel bad, Bluebird. Most of us think that way too, myself included before beginning this lengthy process.

Granted, before 9/11, it was muchquicker than it is now. As were most things.

I am happy for you Stepanie!! I knowit was a long wait. I too thought it was a easy thing until Ibecame good friends with a coworker who is hispanic.

Cristy

It's a done deal baby! I am now a Permanent Resident of Canada!!! :D

To make my day even better, my OHIP (health insurance) card came in today too.

I am calling the border tomorrow to find out what exactly we need to do so we can move my stuff up from VT to here. FINALLY!!!!

That'd me just my luck too. All my stuff flying out the back of the Uhaul. LOL

Actually, I can't wait to get my rocking chair back, it's a nice BostonRocker and is sooo comfortable. Have really missed that thing. Also, I"inherited" my grandmother's Kitchen Aid Mixer. That thing has got tobe 30 years old if it's a day and works like new.

Latest posts

Back