Velveteen Lop Babies!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
I'm so excited, last time I was able to post about Velveteen Lop babies was when Shelly had her litter back in March, of 9 babies(loosing one) and I kekpt one of Shelly's babies, Sophie, so this is Sophie's first litter!!!

PA240012.jpg

8 Darling little ones!

P7250008.jpg

That's Daddy Parker, nice tort fellow I went to Virgina for.

P7250010.jpg

And that's the proud Momma. It's so hard to believe that Sophie I raised her from a baby. I still remember the day she was born, I picked her out before I knew if it was a girl or boy.

I love their ears! Watching them grow into them is soo much fun(Maybe I should raise English lops too!)

PA270001.jpg

This is them today. 4 solid torts, 2 blue torts, 1 broken blue tort, 1 broken tort. I was kind of expecting more brokens but hey, the broken tort is already spoken for, if it's a buck, it's staying with me, if it's a doe, it goes to my sister.

1027101235.jpg

sorry this picture is soo bad, but that was taken with my phone as I'm trying to hold a wiggling baby bun. no it never fell, but instead peed on me. oh well. the broken blue tort.

1027101233.jpg

The broken tort's pattern is absolutely to die for, in my opinion. full butterfly, ears are solid *Drools* i love the coat pattern.

BlueCamasRabbitry wrote:
So pretty!! :)
Are Velveteen Lops an official ARBA breed yet?
I'd be up for getting some in the near future, since they're a combo of MR & EL.

Emily
they aren't a recognized breed yet. they're on 3rd try on 3rd showing for solids at convention this year. I'm praying like the dickens that they pass final showing. I'd LOVE to show Parker and his kids against the best

Well sorry about the lack of updating I have finally moved into our house and we don't have phone /internet yet. But I sexed this little guys today:
3 solid tort bucks
1 solid blue tort buck
2 solid blue tort does
1 Broken blue tort buck
1 broken tort doe.
I've got three people that want does already and one that thinks boys are better and wants a buck, so at least half are sold.
I've also been grooming an english spot litter, as soona s we have internet I'll post pics of those babies and start looking to see which babies are showable, no solids. 4 blues, 5 lilacs out of a blue momma and a lilac daddy.

Back