Veggie issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freckledimple

Reaction score
I have a wierd bunny. Randy doesn't like any of the vegetables we've tried so far. We've given spinich, carrots, celery, dandylion, and alfalfa sprouts. We've even tried apple and banana. He turns up his nose to it all. All he wants to eat is his hay and pellets. Leland adores everything, especially apple. You even think of giving him something fresh, and he goes bonkers. Have we just not found the right veggies for him, or is he really wierd. I would definately appreciate all input. Thank you.

As long as he is eating hay....don't sweat it. We also have a couple of rabbits that don't eat greens/veggies/fruits. But they do eat lots of hay and that makes me... and their digestive system and teeth very happy.

Randy

I would say to justk eep offering him some veggies and maybe eventually he will try some and find out he likes them,lol. Maybe a smidge of pumpkin smeared on a veggie will get him to try the veggie,lol.:p

Billy is the same way. I've tried romaine lettuce, cucumber, apple, banana, pineapple, parsley, raisins, craisins, celery, tomato, carrots, cherries and probably other things I don't remember. One time I accidentally smudged banana on his face when I was trying to give him a piece. He shook his head in disgust and immediately wiped it off his face with his paws...he wasn't too happy about that! :p

Of everything I've tried giving him he only liked parsley and craisins. So I just stick to giving him 1/4 cup pellets, 1 teaspoon of dry oatmeal, 1 craisin, and lots of timothy hay. He seems to be happy enough with those things.

Yep some buns are just like that. Even my pickiest eaters will eat at least one type of veggie or fruit sometimes, but some buns just aren't interested. As Randy said, if your bun is eating lots of hay thats great.

How old is Randy? When Maisie was younger, she refused EVERY veggie...until she hit about a year old, and she suddenly started chowing!

Maybe it's an age thing?

Thought I'd add one more thing...have you tried leaving the veggies in there overnight? Another thing about my Maisie...she will ONLY eat her veggies after everyone's out of the livingroom, and at night. I'm not sure why, except that maybe she prefers to eat in solitude and quiet...but she literally will sniff, but not even take a NIBBLE out of the veggies until those lights go out, and we're laying in bed. The moment she hears me breathing steadily (and Danny's already knocked out), I hear 'crunch crunch crunch'. Hehe!

Latest posts

Back