Vega Was Under The Weather During The Night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Boy here we go again. It was papaya time (at bedtime) when Vega didn't come galloping for hers. I knew right away something was not right.

I immediately gave her the Baby Ovol, that didn't help, gave tummy rubbies. Still not feeling well. Two more doses of Ovol and Chris cuddling her on the bed in a blanket with the warmed up rice sock for about 3 hours. Chris put her in their cage at which time she drank tons of water, gosh we have never seen her drink so much water at once.

She was pooping all along and very good size ones.

Her and Winston cuddled for the remainder of the night. This morning she was waiting for her breakfast. I'm just hoping this was a bout of gas.

I did put on of the Seagrass containers in their run yesterday, I noticed she was chewing it a bit. Now could this have caused her problem? I took it out right away. I'm so afraid after Winston getting his blockage to give them anything new.

Susan:)

Hmmm. I haven't heard of seagrass giving gas before. In fact, you'd expect it to be good for their GI tracts! At least you caught it and got her tip top again. No other changes than the seagrass?

You really are having a rough time. Could it be aftershock related to everything that went on wiht Winston? Mind you, I would have expected that to happen sooner than this, to be fair.

Is she doing better now?

So scarey, isn't it Susan? So glad to hear she's doing better!

How is she doing tonight? Better still? It's hard to say what happened, could have just been gas, you're right there. Is she starting to molt or molting?

It's that season again:twitch:!

Vega is much better. Boy do these little ones know how to scare their Mommies and Daddies. After Winston being so sick I was so worried. I guess hers was just gas.

She's eating, pooping and playing lots.

Thanks for your concern everyone.

Susan:)

I find that gas bouts and also minor stasis often occur across an entire 'herd' of rabbits all at once. It so often is environmental, due to changes in temperature etc. I am glad they are both doing better Susan, hopefully it stays that way for a while!

Latest posts

Back