Varying veggies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyshizzle

Reaction score
So I usually get a different veggie every week. Currently I am feeding Romaine lettuce, Endive, Dandelion greens, and arugula..and sometimes I'll throw in a fruit as a treat. I have notices the endive is going bad already and I just bought it...won't be buying that again. I have a list on my fridge of safe veggies and fruit to feed bunnies so I know what to feed him but I was just curious what you guys feed your bunnies and how often you switch out veggies? I usually only switch out one veggie at a time to not upset bunnies stomach.

amyshizzle wrote:
So I usually get a different veggie every week. Currently I am feeding Romaine lettuce, Endive, Dandelion greens, and arugula..and sometimes I'll throw in a fruit as a treat. I have notices the endive is going bad already and I just bought it...won't be buying that again. I have a list on my fridge of safe veggies and fruit to feed bunnies so I know what to feed him but I was just curious what you guys feed your bunnies and how often you switch out veggies? I usually only switch out one veggie at a time to not upset bunnies stomach.

Regarding switch out veggies, my method is exactly like yours. Have to be cautious with their sensitive bellies.

Z-Tribe likes

Parsley
Cilantro
Basil
Carrot tops
Kale
Spinach
Wheat Grass
Collard Greens
Romaine Lettuce
Arugula
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts

Last two cause Dobby gas, which you should watch for. He can get tastes of it.

Kale, Carrot tops, Spinach aren't given in big quantities and are spread far apart on the switch out list as well. I keep a log.

K:)

Veggies I give about 2-3 times a week. Although for my little holland she has a sensitive tummy so I am waiting for a couple months to introduce veggies to her. She's only 8 weeks and had soft poops at just eating orchard grass :(.

As for my 4 month old lion head I give him cilantro, parsley, romaine, bok choy, celery and celery leaves, kale, about 2-3 times a week. He gets apples and carrots about 1-2 times a week, and banana's is a 1 time a week thing. I tried green peppers, tomato, and cucumber but he doesn't like it. Oh I also give broccoli and broccoli leaves about 1 time a week. He has a hardier belly as I have been giving him veggies and fruits since he was 8 weeks old, but some people like to wait till 6 months.

Oh forgot we do dandelions too! My jack loves them.

Latest posts

Back