Urine that looks like water normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniloplover

Reaction score
My rabbit Tilly's (whos about 16 weeks now) urine has been clear and odourless, looks like water. Now I know this could be something with the kidneys but she hasn't been drinking excessively shes still eating/pooing as normal and is still reasonably energetic. Is this normal for some rabbits? I normally feed them hay, pellets, celery/leaves, carrot and baby sweetcorn?

I would take away the baby sweetcorn. Because any type of corn is very bad for rabbits as they cannot digest it and it can cause a blockage. What type of leaves are you feeding your Tilly?

The baby sweetcorn could be causing the urine to look like water and be causing a blockage.

To be sure I would get your rabbit to a rabbit savvy vet.

Thanks for the reply ok yes I'm just feeding them on a hay/pellet/celery only diet at the moment. And its celery leaves I feed her. There going to the vets tommorow for their VHD vaccination so I will ask then. There has also been alot of uneaten cecals from them both, aswell as lots of normal ones. Is this anything to worry about? I know for sure there not overweight and can reach down there to eat them?

It might be good to have a CBC and chemistry done on her blood. She is young, but it could be signs of kidney disease. She might have something congenital leading to poor kidney function. The blood chemistry panel can shed some light on that.

Latest posts

Back