Urgent sick rabbit-RIP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fld20

Reaction score
Okay I just got a call from are local pet store about a sick rrabbit . She says the rabbit is not eating and has gotten quite thin . Today when they picked her up she was acting drunk like . I'm going over to look at her but I'm not sure what it could be any ideas ?

Fallon

Sounds bad, they should have seen a vet days ago, poor bunny. :( Not much you can do other than try andget him/her to a vet, pronto. Doesn't sound like the rabbit is in any shape to take oral fluids or anything else.

When you get back, take a shower and wash your clothes before seeing your own bun(s).

Let us know how it goes.

sas :pray:

Sas is right, no time for guessing. This sounds like an EMERGENCY, the bun should be taken to a rabbit savvy vet NOW, if it's not already too late. Please let us know how it goes.

Marietta

I've tried to tell her to take it to the vet but I doubt it will happen . Even if she does I'm doubtful the rabbit will make it (are local vets arent to rabbit savy ) . I've told her I dont really know what I can do to help she assumes since I raise them I now how to treat everything which I can handle most things but I havent had a sick rabbit in years . Thanks for the help hopefully can persuade her to take it to the vet but I'm not counting on it .

Fallon

Update - just got back the little doe had already passed . She was a tiny little thing though the people that sold her said she was half grown (they claimed she was a dwarf )but theres no way she looked like a californian/ cross and judging by her size only about 4-5 weeks old . Poor little girl .:(

Back