URGENT RESCUE: Chicago, IL (again)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Heres the email I received from Rachel, who runs Chicago Critter Rescue. She doesnt take inbunnies, but helps find them homes when the Chicago Anti-Cruelty Shelter is full.

These twohave been there the longest and will have to be euthanized shortly now that several more rabbits have come in. I am working on local placements but having no luck yet. Here are their descriptions:

- Male brown dwarf (extremely sweet and calm boy; fur loss/mites has been treated and cleared up so he is healthy and ready to go!)

DwarfMaleBunnyatACS.jpg

- Female black/white lop (gregarious girl, seems relatively young and very healthy)

ACSFemaleLopJune07.jpg

Thanks so much.

I did email her to find out how long they had, I know Phinnsmommy was interested in a girl and Treasured Fried said she knows someone who wants a lop, so we'll see. Post here or pm me for more info. Thanks!

Haley, the family who wants to foster/and or permanently adopt aRESCUE-status bunny will be visiting here next week. They are taking a vacation in August and would welcome a 2nd bunny (when back from vacation). Yes, they ideally would like a lop girl.

Now,let's keep our fingers crossed a spot may open upto save these two sweeties from beingeuthanized. That male brown dwarf is a darling gent too ... if only more homes and foster homes were available.... (sigh)

TF julie and the lovable rescues

Holding a glimmer of hope, knowing that Raph ~bassetluv's angel sweetie~ would approve. {{hug, Di, from us, and Oberon the beast}}

that was the female i was thinking about taking

but with izabelle still sick, i can't take one in even as a foster, my hands are just to full right now with getting her all better. . .

i hope they find loving homes

Midwest has come to the rescue again. Looks like theyre willing to take in both of them. We actually have a volunteer who is in Chicago for vacation so we're seeing if we can get ahold of her to bring them out this way.

Everyone keep your fingers (and paws) crossed!

Well, the girl was apparently adopted this week. They sent two boys (unneutered of course) to Midwest today.

I just got back from the shelter-they have 110 bunnies right now! Plus all the ones in foster homes. So sad.

Darn! It seems like none of these rescues are working out for us! :(

I want to get a companion for Phinn really badly, but my parents will only let me adopt from a shelter, so its getting tricky.

Its better to be safe than sorry though :)

It will work out eventually (knock on wood) ;)

Have you tried contacting the Chicago Anti Cruelty Shelter? Thats where these buns are coming from. Theyre apparently very crowded!

You'll find the right bun eventually. ;)

hehe thats funny, I just emailed them 5 min ago asking if they have any bunnies available, because on their website you can only look at the available cats and dogs.

From what I hear theyre not so great about getting back to people. Maybe call them monday if you dont get a reply (or see if your parents will make a trip) ;)

Latest posts

Back