*URGENT* Rabbits got to the treats bag...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard0600

Reaction score
I had a full ziplock bag full of raisins...and one of my rabbits got to it while we were out...now more then half of the bag is gone... what should I do?!

Update on the situation, (3 hours later)

hmm latte seemed to have had a huge sugar rush earlier...running around non stop and was very destructive... did at least 5 or 6 binkies lol.... Dumbo just seemed to be in a food coma... but its been several hours now and they both seemed terribly hungry again... I read somewhere that you should put them on a strict nothing but hay diet for at least 24 hours....

Could you perhaps call your vet? Just to see if they will offer some advice? I know how sticky they are about not telling someone something without seeing the animal, but it might be worth a shot if someone doesn't come through who can offer some advice...

I would do hay for a day or so and vegys just cut the pellets for a few days.

Storm get tummy upset from to many treats. Watch the pooh output that is the first sign og problem if they look smaller or not as many.

Do the simicone 1cc every hour for 3 hours then hydrate.

Then if the problem continues do the gas meds every 8 hours

A mod will come with better advice but I wanted to get you started oh do you have ben bac? if so give them a taste of that now it will help regulate the gut imblance

soak there vegys in water for about two hours so they get more water in them.

What is his normal diet? I'd reduce pellets and veggies and push the hay. Give Benebac- the sugar can upset the normal bacterial balance in the gut. If he gets diarrhea or starts to go into stasis then syringe fluids into him and go to a vet.

Usually the brats are ok or only have a mild tummy upset.:)

Everybody here is right. I think a probiotic (Bene-Bac) would be the most important part, plus limiting their treat intake for a few days. They may need some simethicone if they develop gas. If you see any lethargy, visibly large bellies due to gas, or diarrhea, they may need to go to the vet. However, my guys have done some very similar things and been fine, although they passed some smaller poos for a few days afterward.

Latest posts

Back