**URGENT** I don't know what to do with herrr

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are just too many things that could happen to this little dog (larger, aggressive dogs, people dog-napping, cars that could run over it, etc) to just leave it outside unattended.

As for minding her own business, if these people 'minded' their dog, then other people would not be presented with the decision whether or not to let the dog alone or take some action. Just as if I saw a 6yr.old wandering around outside w/o an parent or older sibling, I would also be concerned about a very small dog unattended.

I think taking the dog inside after trying to contact the owners is reasonable.
Certainly leaving a note if they don't respond and keeping the dog inside is reasonable behavior.

We had a dog up the street from us wander down by our house and called the owner twice so she would not worry -she was VERY grateful we called. We were not being nosey, just responsible. I did not automatically think she was negligent, since I've had many pets myself that seemed determined to wander (especially if they are not neutered or spayed).

I don't know if you have coyotes in that area, but if you do that should be a major concern.
We were always having small dogs and cats getting snatched in the area I grew-up in...and it was not just in the late evenings - if they are hungry and have a litter to raise, they will snatch animals right off a leash - yes, it's happened more than once in the suburb I grew up in.

Hopefully though that's not a problem where you live.

Baby Juliet wrote:
Relax. The only real danger is if it isn't scare of cars and strays on to the road.

Raccoons won't bother little dogs. Large hawks and foxes may be a danger. Are they known to be in your area?
Yeah and it'sallso been in the news we were 'invaded' (my area) by foxes.

anneq wrote:
I don't know if you have coyotes in that area, but if you do that should be a major concern.
We were always having small dogs and cats getting snatched in the area I grew-up in...and it was not just in the late evenings - if they are hungry and have a litter to raise, they will snatch animals right off a leash - yes, it's happened more than once in the suburb I grew up in.

Hopefully though that's not a problem where you live.
I couldn't find the word but that too! Coyotes have invaded my area.

I would definently lock her in a bathroom or laundry room or something and leave the note. Small dogs like that are very easy to miss and squish with cars, I've hit my neighbors Pug because it attacked at my tires, but Papillions are even tinier.

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!Nermal what a horrible story, and what a horrible parent that person was to let her child learn like that

Papillions are significantly bigger then a regular sized pug (not those oddly large ones), although the dog is a pomeranian that I was talking about .

Did they take the poor thing back inside in the end?

Brandy456 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
Did they take the poor thing back inside in the end?

I wrote in a post up there ^ what they did.

Essentrially she most likely stayed outside.
R U SURE? WHERE?

The only thing I saw you wrote was they do drugs. You also wrote you think they took her in.

Good job, Brandy... That pup is lucky to have you around to watch out for her.
Glad you took responsibility and initiative. Not many people care enough to do that.

Yup, coyotes are in Southern ON now, for sure. Even the huge raccoons can deliver a nasty bite... never know when rabies is going through the population.
Good on you.

You might want to consider getting a leash/collar at the dollar store, so you can perhaps tie her up if she gets lost/out...

I disagree with a statement Baby Juliet Made..

Raccoons won't bother the dog.
http://www.centraldistrictnews.com/2009/08/10/raccoon-attacks-dogs-on-29th-ave

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/jim-thornton/2004/10/when-raccoons-attack

http://www.seattlepi.com/soundoff/comment.asp?articleID=410135&source=mypi

http://www.queenanneview.com/2009/08/07/raccoon-attacks-queen-anne-dog/

You...don't know what your talking about, and if I were you, I would refrain from dispensing incorrect advice, especially to an impressionable young lady who is acting out of care and concern, and her love of animals.

Furthermore, my current husband, apart or not, is a vet, a farm vet, and I cannot tell you how many dogs he has had to stitch up, or put down, due to raccoon related injuries.

I myself, have had to drop 2 raccoons in my barn with a 9mm who had my mini doxie pinned in a corner.

And from experience, the *minding your own business* comment..

Had Sammy, Sunshine,Beaux or Molly got out without my knowledge, and due to where we live, the interstate being less than a half mile away, I would be so grateful someone took the time and initiative to care for my animal, instead of looking the other way and doing just that *minding their own business* and then coming home and finding my beloved pet splattered on the interstate. What a horrifying sight!

That's what's wrong with this world. more people looking the other way instead of helping others..

Brandi..good job girl..i'd be honored if you were my neighbor!

Awehh shucksss :blushan::wiggle

I honestly havent seen her outside for more then a quick pee since that night.

I still keep watch, just incase... but i'm totally busy and can't be in look out for her whenever i'm home, would be easier to just keep her in the house, that way I know the only other animal getting to her would be babii who would just pluck her...

(Just kidding, i'd never let her meet baby... ever.. )

Back