Urgent help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also i managed to feel her stomach today, its very tight around the lower part. Does this mean she is just over weight?

A false pregnancy is where they prepare to have kits but sent actually pregnant, they believe they are tho.
They build a nest early they do everything early in my experiences.

With what your saying I doubt that she is pregnant which is great!

Keep them separated because I do account you being advised to separate them by minilopmad....

What can cause the tight stomach? I read that some does start nesting 2/3 weeks before giving birth and it just depends on the doe

2/3 weeks is quite early I have never had a doe nest that early most do it the night before...

I don't know about the tight stomach I have never had a pregnant doe have a very tight stomach

Well she is at the vets at the moment they said they are going to do blood tests, ultrasounds & scans.

I doubt they will be able to do anything...

What she is getting down is really expensive (well in Australia it is)

How did the vet visit go? Pregnancy in a rabbit can be diagnosed as early as 7 days in with ultrasound, and that's pretty non-invasive so that certainly seems like a reasonable place to start. If you were planning on spaying her, if your vet is comfortable spaying her at this age you might consider that option to eliminate any risk of pregnancy now or in the future.

I don't mind spending bunnies on my rabbits, i just want whats best for them. It costed $60 which is cheaper then waiting until the last minute to find out she is pregnant and have a hard time finding homes for the kits.
She IS pregnant & the vets said she is big enough & healthy enough to birth them.
All I have to do is start feeding her more fresh carrot & lettuce everyday.

I have already found 4 potential homes for the kits :)

And Helicopter (the boy) is booked in to get neutured next week, it will be perfect timing - as soon as shes finished nursing he should be recovered :)

Latest posts

Back