Urgent help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaMoore

Reaction score
Hello,

I got two rabbits one week ago - brother & sister.
They were born on the 16th June so they are 11 weeks old & are both unneutured.
I separated them a couple days ago.

About three days ago before i separated them he tried to hump her but he didn't kick off as he was probably only on for 2/3 seconds since as soon as i saw i pulled him off and separated them immediately.

I give them the exact same amount of food but the girl seems to constantly be eating and is alot bigger then the boy. Everytime I go out she seems to be sleeping or eating which is abnormal since in the first few days i had her she was very hyper and loved playing & didnt eat much.

Is she pregnant? :imsick:

Thanks!

3 days after is much too early to tell. It's possible it's just a growth spurt for her, but there is a chance she may be pregnant. Keep them separated from now on until you can get them both de-sexed. Rabbit gestation is 31 days, so I would recommend marking the date on a calendar.

Ok thank you, if she is still the same by the end of the week/next week i will take her to the vets or something.
Thanks for the help!

Part of the reason for the change in behavior may be because she's been separated from her littermate. It's possible she could be pregnant but not probable, especially if the male's testicles haven't dropped yet.

Yeah have the bucks balls dropped yet? If not there is probably no way she can be pregnant!

Also I agree she could just be changing behaviour due to being separated to her litter mate or because she could be going through early puberty :)

My friends have been telling me that they can get pregnant at 9 weeks is this true? And how do you tell if the balls have dropped. I asked my mum to change the cages but she must have put them in together because 5 minutes later i went out an they were humping, i knocked him off after about 4/5 seconds and after then he jumped on her back but didnt do anything. I seperated them again, my mum didnt realise they werent supposed to be together. I am really concerned now :/

I had two opposite sex bunnies in the same hutch, they also were together since very young age. it took them several months together in the same hutch to make her pregnant. I think she didn't allow him much until she was actually ready (this is my guess)
Maybe your female is wise enough :)

Your very lucky thumperina usually they will succeed early!

You can tell the same way as a dog, feel is there is balls yet :)

It's very doubtful she would become pregnant at that age. He may be fertile but it's unlikely she is. There is a slight possibility of her becoming pregnant, but just not likely and not something I would worry about. To be safe, in 28 days put a nestbox in with her for 5-6 days, and a bunch of hay to build the nest.

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/sexingboys.shtml

I booked her in for an appointment on Wednesday just to make sure. My friends have been saying that they can get pregnant from 9 weeks and how her mini lop did :(

If it hasn't been at least 14 days since this happened, even if she was pregnant the vet wouldn't be able to confirm.

It's always possible for some rabbits to get pregnant at an early age like that, but it is rare. There's a higher chance of it occurring when they are closer to 4 months old.

She shouldn't even be nesting yet it has been what like a week!

Your vet must not be very good then! Because they can not do anything at This stage

Latest posts

Back