*URGENT HELP*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preston

Reaction score
[align=center]Hello everyone,

My ten year old miniature poodle hasn't been pooping much, and when he does his stool is very soft, this started last night. Tomorrow morning I'll be leaving on vacation for a week and I'm going to have to leave him with a relative. The only thing that may have caused it was that yesterday I gave him two large pieces of Cuban Bread, and like most dogs he barely bothers to chew. Could this have caused a blockage? Is it is a blockage, will it pass naturally or is there something I can do to make it pass?

I really need quick help since I'm leaving tomorrow, thanks everyone!

~Preston[/align]

If you can get him some canned pumpkin it may help a great deal. Canned pumpkin is a great remedy for constipation or diarrhea for dogs and most of them will eat it quite happily. Something like bread should be passable, he hasn't gotten into anything else, has he?

Edit: For small dogs 2 teaspoons of canned pumpkin should be enough for you to see "results" in a few hours, if he's a larger dog, you can give 2 tablespoons. If this doesnt help right away, have whoever is watching him give some canned pumpkin daily ( you can just mix it in with the food ) if it isn't too much trouble, and it should help with the upset stomach/blockage.

is your relative experienced in taking care of sick animals? If not, it will be quite a burden on him or her if you decide you can't postpone the trip.

Back