urgent EYE help plz read

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softcottoncloud☁️

Reaction score
So my mom separated the two unfixed male rabbits, into their separate cages for the night. I opened the door to both of them and was petting/getting both my hands licked (right hand in one cage, left hand in the other) and it was fine until the the problem (the one male dominant rabbit who's behaviour is causing the need to separate them) went out of his cage into the other ones cage. The other one ran out of his cage and was chased by the other dominant rabbit... Now I think the problem is while running away this scared rabbit ran very fast, jumped on top of one of the cages, jumped off of it, ran behind it (narrow space between the cage and wall)... I think some edge of the cage or something may have impacted his eye... It is not bleeding but it's wet and I couldn't even tell but there's tears and/or some white fluid coming out of it? I immediately separated them but I saw his eye and freaked out. I showed my dad he took a closer look and that's what he said, that's also kind of what I saw (wetness) which is why I showed him in the first place. I think the wetness caused some of the fur surrounding his eyeball to stick together and poke his eye, thus causing irritation and thus lacrimation (wetting). I feel terrible and super worried it's night here there's no vet open till morning that's why I have no choice but to wait... And worry. I know I'm an idiot for letting a known problematic unfixed rabbit near another rabbit but it was truly an honest mistake as soon as the dominant unfixed problematic behaviours of one of the rabbit surfaced they were separated immediately. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Yes it's morning, nobody put anything on his affected eye... His eye is not watering any more but it's smaller due to the eyelids being closer together due to slight possible inflammation... My dad looked it up and said it may be a tear duct infection. Everything else is normal, like eating, playing, bowel/bladder. The cages are separate

He has to go the vet. Its best to go as early as possible so it can be treated before it gets worse.
Please let us know how it goes. ❤️

The tear duct infection is what my dad thought it might be, I didn't want to speculate and treat him myself based on something that's not even confirmed so I talked to a vet and he prescribed me medicine, I will do the therapy regimen he gave me for the time period given and observe the effects of the treatment. I will update during or after the time period is over accordingly. Thank you everyone.

Latest posts

Back