Upsides of Breeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Numbat

Reaction score
Hi! I don't want to start a debate by posting this topic so it's just the good things to breeding! I was thinking it would be so exciting to breed (don't worry, I have no intentions to do it, just wondering) but I would feel guilty because of all the homeless rabbits out there. Does breeding help?

Just in general. Sorry, boring thread :?I'm not very good at interesting ones. Will be posting pics of my buns soon though :D

i tink he/she means does it help, breeds continue, or population.. ect.....

and if i affects more of a rise in rabbits being given to shelters

i think....:?

I think it's important to have good, responsible and knowledgeable breeders work on keeping breeds to standard.

Without those that tirelessly work so hard to preserve what breeds were intended to be- there could, and most likely would, be chaos in all breeds due to careless breeding practices and inexperience that so many truely *have* when it comes to responsibly raising rabbits.

As there is no *true* money to be made inraising rabbits to proper and responsible standards it truely takes those with the best interests at heart to make breeding "worthwhile" or "help" the breeds they focus on.

Breeding is done to help preserve certain breeds of rabbits and also to improve on the standard of the breeds we already have. Thats the upside. Have to admit there is more downsides than up especially seeing as so many people just put 2 rabbits together and hope for the best or get sold wrongly sexed rabbits etc ( I could go on!!)

irishlops wrote:
i tink he/she means does it help, breeds continue, or population.. ect.....

and if i affects more of a rise in rabbits being given to shelters

i think....:?
Yeah, that's the gist ;) Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back