Update: the ups and downs of Beau's eye and other stories (RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't help it they are special.

I'm so sorry to hear Beau isn't feeling well. I'll say a prayer that he starts to feel better real soon.

Hugs to you and Beau.

Susan:hug:

I am very happy!!!

First of all I just learned that Claire (Tonyshuman) is going to be with me in the infirmary and I am very very pleased :D

Welcome Claire!!!!

Secondly I FINALLY got to Verona Wi yesterday with Beau to see Dr Gengler.

I learned a few things ....
firsthis eye infection is almost resovled. I should continue to use the chloramphenical salve for awhile

The eye infection was not related to his teeth issues.

It was most likely a result a trauma and now ,thinking back, I think that it was probably a result of Willow batting Beau in the face when I was attempting to bond them and l felt comfortable leaving them together alone. Willow will not bite but she will push away or bat with her front paws and I have a feeling that she got him in the eye. (They have not been together for a long time)
Beau did not need extractions and the dentist did express some concern that the vet in Winona had removed 5 molars. This will make it impossible for him to ever be able to use that side to grind and the right uppers will need continual filing down.

Dr Gengler filed down and realigned Beau's whole mouth needing to work especially on his peg teeth and incisors and also to file some molars that were causing some abrasions in his mouth.

Since this is such a lengthy trip for us (12 hrs from start to finish including all the time at the vet) the dentist is going to talk to the dentist in training in Winona to sort of evaluate her skill level. He also wants to find out what instruments she has available .

I don't know if this vet (Winona)has learned that you file a rabbit's tooth instead of pulling it .

anyway if she can learn to file and the dentist is comfortable teaching her then I wouldn't have to go so far to have routine stuff done.

It was a very long day for us as we brought our dogs with us.

We dropped Beau off at 9:30 AM and they did not start him until about 2 pm

We had to waste a lot of time in the car because it was too cold to do much and we didn't want to leave the dogs.

I have "long car ride sore butt sydrome today. :biggrin2:"
but Beau is dong really well

a little off his food but otherwise he is doing good

and I am so pleased with everything that I am going to resolve this forever on-going problem FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen :)

Glad to hear Beau is statring to feel better. The poor guy has been through so much. In that case so have you. This was probably so hard on you seeing the poor little guy suffering so much.

I'l say a prayer and send lots of good wishes to him so that he keeps recovering.

Susan:)

:yahoo:Maureen, I cannot tell you how happy this news has made me! I am so relieved for you and Beau - Dr Gengler sounds awesome, and it will be great if he can train the other vet.

You guys really deserve some good news. Give Beau a cuddle from me. And I'm pleased that Claire will be helping you out in the infirmary, too :)

Jan

I'm SO happy that the gorgeous little Beau is doing better! What great news!

It must be such a weight off your mind- And you do definitely deserve some great news with all you've gone through with him lately :hug:

What fantastic news! I was so happy to read "RESOLVED!!!!!"
:pinkelepht::pinkelepht::pinkelepht::pinkelepht::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce::pinkbouce:

Big props to your bun-dentist!
So happy to know Beau is getting better every day!

(Thanks also for Claire joining the Infirmary! Her knowledge is a treasure!)

Just want to say I am really glad that everything worked out with Beau. I know how difficult it has been so this is just fantastic news!

Latest posts

Back