Update on Lupa and Nero's bonding!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaymas

Reaction score
So we put them together in the bath tub for the first time on Sunday night.....it went extremely well. Like beyond our expectations well. There was no fighting, no aggressive behaviour or anything like that. They groomed each other and sat beside one another like they've been friends for a very very long time.

We had them in the bath tub for quite some time because we didn't want to stop them it was going so well. We decided to move them to the room where the cage is though to see if the behaviour would still be the same in Lupa's territory. They were so good. They ran around together and Nero would follow Lupa. They would come up to us and Nero is already climbing all over us lol. Lupa let Nero go into her condo and explore and the only time she got a bit antsy was when he went to her litter box on the top level but she would let him know that box is her's and he seems to understand now.

We let them play together pretty much all night and there were no issues at all. We kept them in their separate cages for the night because we weren't sure how they'd handle being in the same one but we let them out together the next morning while we watched. We've left the condo open since then and they've been sleeping together at night. I was feeling like we were rushing things at the beginning but its been a few days and they're still the best of friends. Lupa's gotten over her territory thing mostly and we seem to be doing pretty good.

ALSO we added a sheet (clipped down so they can't move it) as a roof for the condo and it's prefect. The buns seem to like it to lol.

I have a few pictures of them together but i'm having an issue getting them here lol

I'm so happy with the way things are going :D I thought it was going to take forever to bond them but I think we got two wonderful bunnies that happened to really like each other :D

Wow that really sounds like it went well... I would move too quickly though because you never know one of them might have an off day or something although I wouldn't know. Best of luck in bonding your buns :)

Wow that is great!!!! It sounds like love at first sight, how awesome :) I'm currently bonding right now too and although it's positive nothing like that. That is so great and post pics when you can!

That sounds GREAT. I am getting to the stage in bonding my girls where I am leaving them together all afternoon. Yesterday I left them together while I ran to the store, and again while I droped a friend off and again while I took a shower. They did really good. I am not quite comfortable leaving them together while I go to class (3 hrs), but hopefully soon.

Yours seem like they were ment to be together.

I really feel like they were meant to be together. Now that I think about it....I think the Humane Society kept Nero in the same pen Lupa was in when we picked her up. It was a sign lol.

At first we were nervous to leave them alone together but then when they didn't do anything we got less and less nervous lol. And now that they are together all of the time, they seem happier and calmer than when we had them in the same room in separate cages and separate play time lol.

Latest posts

Back