Update on Coco....taken a turn for the worse

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, so been so long since a post.
CoCo is actually continuing to improve.
IN fact, I would say she is almost totally out of the woods as far as staying alive!!

SHe Pees, Poops, and thats not the best of it.

Her appetite is back to full normal ( I think she took advantage of our 'xtra treats' therapy) !
Not to ruin the good news, but the only bad is that one foot is still looking pretty lifeless, however the other foot is showing real signs of improvment. she has enough strength in her one foot to pull her leg back underneath herself!

She still drags when she moves, but she is very mobile now, and is really responding to all the kind lovin and attention shes getting.

...and paying some back by giving Me lots of kisses while we blow dry her after a bath.

So for now, we seem to have her care under control. It takes a lot of effort from Nick and myself, and even my room-mate gets into the action occasionally.

Sat night she checked on her and found Coco had turned herself completely on her back!

So long for now,
Stephanie and Nick
(or as he likes to say, Nick and Stephanie)!

WOW :D
I'm so glad to hear from you and even better news that CoCo has improved..that is absolutely great new
I'm so glad that things are better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so glad to hear Coco is doing ok! Shes so lucky to have you and Nick taking such good care of her.

Leaf, youre amazing for offering to help. Steph, why dont you keep us posted on Coco's progress and if it does become too much maybe we can look at possible transport options later on.

Congrats to you and Nick and Coco. Keep up the good work!

:pinkbouce:That is great that she is getting better! I hope she gains more movement in that other leg soon!

that is great that there has been improvement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww I just read through this whole thread and I was soo scared!
I'm so glad Coco is improving. What great news :D. She is such a fighter.
You guys are such good bunny parents, I want you to know that.

Come on Coco! :biggrin2:

I've been following this thread closely and am thinking the absolute, most positive thoughts that I can for CoCo's full recovery. She's clearly a very special girl and quite the fighter. (It doesn't hurt, of course, that she has a fantastic human family supporting her all the way and looking out for her best interest. :D)

Go, CoCo! :party:

Jenk

Coco is still doing well. I put her back in her NIC cage and lined the floor with fleece. She is acting like herself again. She moves her back leggs to help her walk. I will try and get a video of it with my webcam. Its quite amazing.

Nick has been talking more about getting a rabbit of his own. I told him he could foster one to see how it goes before he gets one.

stephiemarie78 wrote:
Coco is still doing well. I put her back in her NIC cage and lined the floor with fleece. She is acting like herself again. She moves her back leggs to help her walk. I will try and get a video of it with my webcam. Its quite amazing.

Nick has been talking more about getting a rabbit of his own. I told him he could foster one to see how it goes before he gets one.

I'm so happy that Coco is improving. Perhaps she strained something and now that the swelling is going down, she is getting more mobile. I hope she continues to improve.

If Nick decides he would would like a rabbit, Gainesville Rabbit Rescue would be happy to do a foster-to-adopt. Please check out our rabbits on gainesvillerabbitrescue.org. We have many bonded pairs also.

I'm not sure if he's ready yet but when he is I'll show him the site =)

I really am happy with Coco progress. She gets soooo excited when she hears Nick with the bag of treats. I'll have to post of video. The way she uses her feet to move is very cute too. She's been so good with bath time and drying. Although she does like to pee on us. lol It's a small price to pay.

Although I haven't posted before, I have been following Coco's story.

I am so pleased to hear of the progress she has made, and I think you and Nick are to credit for that - you have been awesome in a horrible situation.

It certainly sounds as though Coco still has such a zest for life, and that she is coping well :)

Jan

i am so glad to see the improvement Coco is making.

I was just looking at your myspace, congrats on the progress!!!! i love the song to the video,lol

Latest posts

Back