Update on baby kits...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesliedave4k

Reaction score
Hi everyone!! I finally took some decent pictures and my husband will post them tonight since I'm computer illiterate, LOL. The 3 kits are doing wonderfully. Speedy (Mama) is doing well and will feed them in front of us, usually twice a day. She is so much happier now that they are out of her. I always wondered why she turned into an unhappy bunny, guess I'm dumb!! The kits are trying to leave their nest box, but can't get out quite yet. They are 11 days old today and all have their eyes open. They even do mini binkies, at least thats what I think they are doing. They are just adorable and seem to be happy.

I would like to know at what age will they start to eat food, and what kind do I have to give them? Also, is taking them out of their nest box so they can play while I watch a bad idea? They seem to like it a lot. They are so curious, and they love to groom each other and themselves.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone for your advice. It really helped us out a lot and I couldn't have gotten this far without you!

Leslie

The kits will be coming out of the box soon and will begin to nibble on hay and mom's food right away. They don't need any type ofspecial feed and can have greens if this is a normal part of the dam's diet.

We generally tip the nest box on it's side when the kit's eyes are open so they can easily get in and out.

You can take them out for short times, but they generally remain together in the nest at this age and only venture a short way out, so you don't want to stress them.

Pam

Latest posts

Back